• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Crow with disease??

EchoIsHere

Moving in
Hi all.

I'm not sure if this is the right place/website to post this, but during one of my beach walks at the Sunshine Coast QLD, I came across a very sickly looking crow.

It was very large and ruffled with grow like things on its face forcing one of its eyes closed and its feet were incredibly swollen with what looked like callouses all over them? It didn't caw but mad a bark like sound instead.

Does anyone know what caused this or what is wrong with it?

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Are you able to contact a local vet or wildlife rescue place and let them know about it so they can maybe help him? When I used to live there years ago there were many many wildlife rescue people to take injured/sick wildlife and you could get their numbers from most of the local vets.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Wow, looks like a horrible pox infection, maybe even canker in the face. Poor baby..he might be hard to catch, but maybe a rehab or rescue could try.

EchoIsHere

Moving in
Thanks guys. I'll have a look into rescues/ rehabs or vets to see what I can do. I'm not local unfortunately and won't be here for much longer so there may not be a lot of options :sad11:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Thanks guys. I'll have a look into rescues/ rehabs or vets to see what I can do. I'm not local unfortunately and won't be here for much longer so there may not be a lot of options :sad11:
Usually a local vet clinic will happily pass on numbers for rescues or rehab people. I used them a few times when I was in QLD