• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Cori update: Not so quiet anymore!

MaggieBee

Meeting neighbors
Update on the prettiest lil parrot in town! As some of you might know, I (a lifelong dog person with an unfulfilled soft spot for birds) got a budgie literally dropped on my lap by one of the aforementioned dogs last weekend. Despite being unharmed (and not getting a gram infection, thank god) I was a little concerned by how quiet and inactive he was.

Well, not anymore! Here's a Very Serious Conversation taking place this morning:

He's still not the most vocal or active of birds, but he answers me when I whistle and kicks up a racket if I'm too long away from the room. When I read or sing to him he makes the cutest, quietest little chirps.

I got him to eat very young sprouts, and I'm hoping with time that'll serve as an avenue to get some veggies in him.

We're bonding nicely – for what I know, at least. I spend a lot of time with him (upside of quarentine) and he lets me get real close without getting agitated. I read and sing to him most of the afternoon and as soon as I start he fluffs up, gets into a legstand and quietly chirps along. It's the sweetest.

The search for his previous owner continues (thankfully) fruitless. I'm doing all I can, but I'm so in love with the little guy, I really hope he was released, not lost :(

Tagging @Monica @Dorcas George @tka and @Ulis_Beast since they gave me such wonderful feedback last time <3

Dorcas George

Rollerblading along the road
What a GREAT update! He’s so vibrantly colored. Packer’s green tummy is much more muted. And listening to him chirping on the video has both Packer and Frost cheeping back. Good job!

MaggieBee

Meeting neighbors
What a GREAT update! He’s so vibrantly colored. Packer’s green tummy is much more muted. And listening to him chirping on the video has both Packer and Frost cheeping back. Good job!
listening to him chirping on the video has CORI chirping back. It's hilarious, he get's really confused "walking" up and down the bars closest to my computer, twisting around and SCREECHING :roflmao:

Thank uuu! He's such a handsome lil birb. Your boys are beautiful too <3