• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cockatiel injured foot

Saharr98

Meeting neighbors
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting here. I have a baby cockatiel that I got a few weeks ago. Yesterday I noticed that he was limping and holding up one of his feet. He refused to eat anything and was not feeling well at all. Today, he seems to be eating seeds only and not touch his pellet but I thought him eating something is better than nothing. He seems to be doing a little better today and seems to have more energy and also has been eating his seeds. I have an appointment for the vet tomorrow but meanwhile does anyone have any idea what could have happened and what I should do to ease his pain? I also want to mention that his feet do feel warmer than usual.
My poor baby has had such a rough week because a few days ago he was bleeding on his abdomin and the doctor said that he probably hit something sharp as there was a scab on his tummy. And now the pain on his leg is on the same side as the scab. I’m not sure if the two are related but he doesn’t seemed to be bothered by his stomach anymore and there has not been any more bleeding so I’m guessing the feet injurt is unrelate.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry your baby is hurting. How old is he?
Is he caged or in a brooder? Is there anything he could have got his foot caught on?
Are you giving him anything else to eat besides seeds and pellets? Does he get any veggies?
It's good that you have a vet appt. tomorrow.
Let your 'tiel rest and make sure he is eating and drinking. Do you ever weigh him so you can monitor his weight?

Saharr98

Meeting neighbors
Sorry your baby is hurting. How old is he?
Is he caged or in a brooder? Is there anything he could have got his foot caught on?
Are you giving him anything else to eat besides seeds and pellets? Does he get any veggies?
It's good that you have a vet appt. tomorrow.
Let your 'tiel rest and make sure he is eating and drinking. Do you ever weigh him so you can monitor his weight?
He is about 3 months. He is caged but is out all the time. My mom said that he might have been flying yesterday and hit something. He is usually on a veggie and pellet diet but he refuses to eat anything besides seeds at the moment since the incident. I took him to the vet two weeks ago and his weight was 80 gram.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do you have a digital gram scale that you can use to check his weight?
He might have landed badly or got his leg caught on something.
Does the foot look swollen or red?

Saharr98

Meeting neighbors
Do you have a digital gram scale that you can use to check his weight?
He might have landed badly or got his leg caught on something.
Does the foot look swollen or red?
No I don’t but now that you mentioned it I will get one. His feet doesn’t seem swollen or extra red it just feels warm to the touch