• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

cockatiel antibioc

sara_379_tiels

Checking out the neighborhood
hello,
this is my first time posting, so I hope I'm doing this right!
yesterday my cockatiel hurt her wing, I'm not sure how, I woke up and there was blood on her wing (she shares the cage with a male cockatiel). She can fly just fine. I took her to the vet and they checked her wing and I was told something along the lines of "her blood feathers will fall off" and was advised not to wash it so as not to worsen her case.
I was given an antibiocs to be dissolved in her drinking water and multi vitamins too.
The antibiocs I was given is called "beaphar bogena astricycline," I checked it online and the description says: "Astricycline is a medicine which combats pneumonia and diarrhoea caused by bacteria in canaries, tropical birds, parakeets, parrots and small animals."
I'm very confused on why I was given a medicine for pneumonia.
Searching online didn't help, so any help I can get here would be very much appreciated.

BlueDoraBarry

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Barry
Contact your vet, he may have made a mistake, or he knows what he's doing. Just bc it's on the internet doesn't make it true.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm not familiar with that medication, but I'm also not sure why an antibiotic would be given for a broken blood feather. I would definitely check with the vet.