• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cinnamon conure having trouble moulting

uhhspence

Checking out the neighborhood
Hey guys, this is my first time on this forum, I really need some help!!

My cinnamon conure, Frankie, is about 8 months old, I've had him since he was 4 weeks old. He's been having a lot of trouble moulting the past couple of months. His feathers seem to be perpetually stuck in their sheaths. I try my best to help the ones that are ready to come off, but just when I think I've made progress, new ones come in and the issue never seems to stop. He doesn't seem in pain or annoyed by it, I just can't help but worry that it's a sign of an underlying issue.

He has plenty of toys and stimulation, he's on good pellets, I give him fruit and veg. I have been giving him moulting aid as well but that doesn't seem to help at all.

Just not sure what to do! Any help appreciated, thanku x

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Do you have any photos?

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How’s his bathing routine? And the humidity in your house?

uhhspence

How’s his bathing routine? And the humidity in your house?
He bathes at least every 2 days. Australia is in winter right now so it's not too humid, but it definitely could be the colder weather, it would coincide with when it started to get colder.

barbs0nly

Walking the driveway
Real Name
lilly
Hey guys, this is my first time on this forum, I really need some help!!

My cinnamon conure, Frankie, is about 8 months old, I've had him since he was 4 weeks old. He's been having a lot of trouble moulting the past couple of months. His feathers seem to be perpetually stuck in their sheaths. I try my best to help the ones that are ready to come off, but just when I think I've made progress, new ones come in and the issue never seems to stop. He doesn't seem in pain or annoyed by it, I just can't help but worry that it's a sign of an underlying issue.

He has plenty of toys and stimulation, he's on good pellets, I give him fruit and veg. I have been giving him moulting aid as well but that doesn't seem to help at all.

Just not sure what to do! Any help appreciated, thanku x
if you want you can give a larger bowl at the bottom of the cage (a tupperware or something similar) and encourage him to bathe, idk what’s available in australia but you can get a cheap mister (like a spray bottle but better) and spray over him like rainfall if he’s comfy with it. if all else fails you can call a vet! green cheeks are rlly resilient (if given the chance) and i don’t think you’ll have any issue with him, it might be a long molt even. don’t stress, stay calm and keep an eye on him, it’s a good sign that he’s comfortable and unbothered!

uhhspence

Thankyou so much, I'll try a bigger bowl and spraying him with some mist. Thanks again!!