• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Bunch o' Budgies

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
Sunbeam distraction tactics for the day, the only "free food" will be veggies.
20230326_122215.jpg

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
I am being dramatic :lol: if there is an egg I'll just throw it out, my main issue is I really don't want any egg binding.
How often does egg binding happen? What are the chances? I always hear people talking about egg binding but does it really happen often enough to be worried about?

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
How often does egg binding happen? What are the chances? I always hear people talking about egg binding but does it really happen often enough to be worried about?
I believe it depends on a whole heap of factors. Health, fitness, diet, age, etc.
I do think Sunbeam is probably healthy enough to be able to lay fine, but my brain almost always take me to the worse case scenario ;)

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
Still no eggs from Miss Sunbeam, she has finally started using perches instead of hanging out on the cage floor. Though I am not sure how much this twig counts as a perch :)
20230408_123952.jpg 20230408_123928.jpg
20230408_122459.jpg

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
She looks like she's daring you to try and reach in :roflmao:
I did get her to move so I could see if there was an egg or not. She didn't try to eat me or anything :rolleyes: Now the bowls got veggies in it.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
She is quite the cute queen.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
1. Why did you pick today to have a bath?? Not exactly warm!
2. Yes Sunbeam, it is weird that you are drinking water off your boyfriend...
Screenshot_20230417-103125_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230417-103101_Gallery.jpg

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are quite an extraordinary pair!

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
Rant/Vent

Budgies are parrots. Treat them as such. Just because they are not a capable of causing you physical damage, stop passing off their biting as being young or female! If they bite you it is because they're are giving you a clear message. Generally it's "don't do that." or "I don't like that." If they are biting for "no reason" that is a behavioural issue that needs to be dealt with as you would a big bird.

Stop saying you need to have a "young Male preferably handraised" budgie to form any kind of relationship with. How hard is it to except a budgie for what they are?
There's pros and cons to handraising, please dont ignore the cons. Educate yourself, don't blindly believe what people tell you.
Talking should never come into the picture, and YES girls can talk!
Please don't ignore all the elderly/adult budgies. They deserve your love and care just the same. So what if you don't get that close inseparable bond? Why can't you adopt a budgie for what you can give them, not what they give you?

:whw: I'm finished. I think.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Er, are you okay, AussieBird? Seems like something may have precipitated this rant.

I’d like to add that not all males talk. None of mine do. Also, my most tame budgie was an adult rehome who lived with a budgie friend.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
Er, are you okay, AussieBird?
I am rarely "okay" :lol:

Seems like something may have precipitated this rant.
Indeed. It's somewhat infuriating when someone who claims to be knowledgeable about budgies says things that are ridiculous.

I’d like to add that not all males talk. None of mine do. Also, my most tame budgie was an adult rehome who lived with a budgie friend.
Not a single one of my budgies, male or female, young or old, has ever said a word. And I don't care :D

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
So hard to get a photo of anyone playing with their SS toys (I know Nautilus plays with his, but I doubt I am seeing him do that anytime soon).
But the budgies' SS toy has been saving my sanity lately. Sunbeam is insistent recently she gets to come out whenever she wants. to the point where she spends time rattling the cage door (she cannot physically open it, for anyone worried about it being a sliding door. It has a "safety bend" in the wire). The noise irritates me a lot :o:. So I hung up the SS toy in her way. I don't doubt 50% she's just raging at it, but the noise is so much more tolerable!
20230425_084718~2.jpg 20230425_084717~2.jpg

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
Not a single one of my budgies, male or female, young or old, has ever said a word. And I don't care :D
Oh my budgies say many words. I just dont understand them because I dont speak budgie lol. I do try to mimic their chirps as close as I can though, and sometimes we go back n forth chirping at eachother. I must be saying something right :smuggrin: