• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures ~Budgie roll call!~

Vittror

Jogging around the block
0.jpg

Name: Ragnar
Age: 8-9 year-ish old, we think (he was found outside when he still looked very young but his real age we don't know. His birthday is on world animal day :D )
Species: Budgie, albino
Likes: His 'hanging bell toy with little cup' (in the photo), chewing cork, eating veggies (chop!), hearing fart noises, making fart noises, loud noises
Dislikes: Hands
Favorite music: Queen, Power-metal

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
View attachment 437581

Name: Ragnar
Age: 8-9 year-ish old, we think (he was found outside when he still looked very young but his real age we don't know. His birthday is on world animal day :D )
Species: Budgie, albino
Likes: His 'hanging bell toy with little cup' (in the photo), chewing cork, eating veggies (chop!), hearing fart noises, making fart noises, loud noises
Dislikes: Hands
Favorite music: Queen, Power-metal
Wow he’s gorgeous

GoGo

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi, I'm new. :shy: This is Kit & Caboodle. Kit is the blue one in front and Caboodle is the yellow one in back. I've had them for a month. I rescued them from a family who fed them a seed only diet, paid no attention to them, and housed them in a tiny cage.

Now they have a ginormous cage "penthouse condo" and I'm converting them to Harrison's High Potency Super Fine pellets. They are already looking so much better on their new high nutrient diet.

I have no idea what sex either of them are, but I think Kit the blue one is a boy, and Caboodle the yellow one is a girl.

The family said they had had them for about a year, and because of the lines on their heads, I think they are 1 1/2 - 2 years old.

We're working on learning what things are. Like they have no idea what apple pieces are and what to do with them, they just pick them out of their food. Same for sweet potato mash. The greens I hang in their cage are scary and are ignored. They will however eat tiny slivers of broccoli I mix in with their pellet/seed mix.

I put a birdbath in their "penthouse condo" and they huddled together in the opposite corner, eyed it warily, and then had a half hour long discussion about it! It took Caboodle 2 days to figure out what it was and how to use it. Kit still isn't so sure.

I wake them up in the morning by playing parakeet sounds on YouTube. And we're working on flying outside of their cage.

No one told me how addicting this was going to be. I'm already thinking about picking up a third one!

So anyway Hi. I'm really learning so much reading the board. Thanks guys.

1000000860.jpg

Last edited:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome! I hope they still get some seeds. :)

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
Hi, I'm new. :shy: This is Kit & Caboodle. Kit is the blue one in front and Caboodle is the yellow one in back. I've had them for a month. I rescued them from a family who fed them a seed only diet, paid no attention to them, and housed them in a tiny cage.

Now they have a ginormous cage "penthouse condo" and I'm converting them to Harrison's High Potency Super Fine pellets. They are already looking so much better on their new high nutrient diet.

I have no idea what sex either of them are, but I think Kit the blue one is a boy, and Caboodle the yellow one is a girl.

The family said they had had them for about a year, and because of the lines on their heads, I think they are 1 1/2 - 2 years old.

We're working on learning what things are. Like they have no idea what apple pieces are and what to do with them, they just pick them out of their food. Same for sweet potato mash. The greens I hang in their cage are scary and are ignored. They will however eat tiny slivers of broccoli I mix in with their pellet/seed mix.

I put a birdbath in their "penthouse condo" and they huddled together in the opposite corner, eyed it warily, and then had a half hour long discussion about it! It took Caboodle 2 days to figure out what it was and how to use it. Kit still isn't so sure.

I wake them up in the morning by playing parakeet sounds on YouTube. And we're working on flying outside of their cage.

No one told me how addicting this was going to be. I'm already thinking about picking up a third one!

So anyway Hi. I'm really learning so much reading the board. Thanks guys.

View attachment 438931
Welcome!! Its hard to tell from the lighting but it looks like they are both female.