• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures ~Budgie roll call!~

Kylie1969

Meeting neighbors
Thanks guys :) Our alternative to romaine lettuce is called cos lettuce here in Australia. I have been reading up about it and another option are darker vegetables like kale and broccoli. I am going to get him some broccoli :)

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Beautiful budgie boys! And cute quakers too. :) Not sure I'd put them together though, but then I'm a stickler for safety. :cool:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Loved seeing all those beautiful birds!
Here are my two trouble makers, Volar(male) and Zora (girl). Volar has splayed legs, hence his special leg placement. E08317A8-67BC-4D10-96AE-2412FFFA0C22.jpeg D92FE35B-BD05-4C81-B070-FFF957AD1C33.jpeg
1EF2DB0B-59C7-46EA-849A-D166AA1986C2.jpeg

Whatevr

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Laura

Attachments

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat

LifeOfPi72

Moving in
This is Queenie (blue hen) and Ghostie

Queenie was a found bird and now that I know her, I have my suspicions her previous owner might have “accidently” let her fly out the window - she is FIERCE but I rather love that about her. She’s also the most incredible aerial acrobat
Ghostie is the sweetest character and can’t wait to step up in the morning and tell me all about his night
6EC2ECD5-51DA-480D-ABA0-4B5C45DCFF75.jpeg

LexBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
-Lex-

Attachments

Raisins

Sitting on the front steps
IMG_20221023_121530_0.jpg

This is Martı. She has a deformation in her cere and a lipoma in her abdomen. The vet says it's harmless, though. She just needs vet visit more frequently, because she gets sick a lot. Thankfully, as of now, she's healthy.

IMG_20221015_155925_2.jpg

This is her husband, Pufkafa. He likes to be on my hand and pooping on me.

IMG_20221006_084018.jpg
He loves cameras.

Scorpi0

Sprinting down the street
This is Queenie (blue hen) and Ghostie

Queenie was a found bird and now that I know her, I have my suspicions her previous owner might have “accidently” let her fly out the window - she is FIERCE but I rather love that about her. She’s also the most incredible aerial acrobat
Ghostie is the sweetest character and can’t wait to step up in the morning and tell me all about his night
View attachment 415720
Haha I love those names. Super cute picture!

Juleseast

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Julie
These are my two lovely little boys. Bobby the blue one is our first budgie. We’ve had him since June and I wasn’t clued up on the appearance of baby budgies. We thought he was a baby but he’d had his first moult and had white irises. We don’t really know how old he is really. I’m guessing 12 months old. He’s a timid bird but will go on your finger on his terms. Tommy the grey one is a baby bird. He’s 11 weeks old and he’s hand reared. His feathers are being slow to grow and we’re keeping and eye on him as we’re not sure if he’s had French moult. They’re slowly growing but he can’t fly but he’s and excellent climber. He’s Bobbys shadow. Bobby hops down to the bottom of his cage and Tommy follows. Love having the two birds now. They’re so entertaining 0ECCC1EC-07E7-4173-A836-277E30536CA6.jpeg