• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures ~Budgie roll call!~

ETinSC

Moving in
Real Name
Ellen
These are my two lovely little boys. Bobby the blue one is our first budgie. We’ve had him since June and I wasn’t clued up on the appearance of baby budgies. We thought he was a baby but he’d had his first moult and had white irises. We don’t really know how old he is really. I’m guessing 12 months old. He’s a timid bird but will go on your finger on his terms. Tommy the grey one is a baby bird. He’s 11 weeks old and he’s hand reared. His feathers are being slow to grow and we’re keeping and eye on him as we’re not sure if he’s had French moult. They’re slowly growing but he can’t fly but he’s and excellent climber. He’s Bobbys shadow. Bobby hops down to the bottom of his cage and Tommy follows. Love having the two birds now. They’re so entertaining View attachment 416048
Very cute! I'm going to have 2 soon as well. I'm both nervous and excited. My current budgie has only been here for 2 months. He's a rescue who I've officially adopted now after searching for 2 months for his owner. He's still pretty scared so I'm working to get him more comfy before the new bird gets here. I've named him Houdini. He has certainly earned the name. My grandkids want to name him Kiwi, so we'll see what happens. I'm nervous about how they'll get along, so fingers crossed on that! I also hope Houdini won't teach the new bird his escape methods, LOL! Enjoy your little babies!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How could I forget to add this little sprite?! My cute pink-toed man, Rudy :xflove:
25B7E147-0015-4671-A118-E08D261E6249.jpeg
D1514427-00B3-49BF-9F53-777048C45D50.jpeg
1C5ED2A0-E86C-4EA1-B128-03B2E7EB404A.jpeg

He’s a bit of a messy eater because his beak isn’t aligned quite properly, but that doesn’t seem to hurt him in any way :)

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
You don't have to worry about them flying into the window glass? Would think they would like to look out the window instead of being facing into the wall? Thought about perches at the window level? ..
With all of my birds, I let them fly around the room since they were babies, so they couldnt really fly fast enough to hurt themselves. Thats when they all bumped into the glass as they tried to fly through it. After a few times they figured out what glass is and that they cant fly through it lol.
I have a playground set up for them in front of the window. I throw some seed outside for the wild birds to eat. My birds fly to the playground and get super excited when all their buddies show up outside.
But yeah, they love to barely hang off the window trim with their chests touching the wall. Theyre my little clowns lol. :laughing2:

I have a video of them running along in between the blinds like mice haha.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That’s a perfect name for that buttery yellow budgie! :heart:

zERo/

Walking the driveway
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hedwig
B5B6C4F6-F519-47AE-918A-0611450A9355.jpeg
Striga