• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie Foster Family

EnglishBudgMom

Walking the driveway
I would consider adopting the blue guy... I'd be willing to pay to have him shipped. BUT, as I've played with the idea of getting Bubbles a buddy, I'm worried because she is SUCH a bossy, (sometimes plain b***hy), bitey Hen. I honestly worry how well she'd do with a friend. I was thinking maybe an older English Male, so there wouldn't be a size differential on top of her dominance. Just tonight she was happily sitting on my shoulder with her tail near my face. I playfully blew on it gently a couple times (she hates being touched, but steps up and will grooms me occasionally), then she calmly turned around and chomped on my ear! Diva!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
she is SUCH a bossy, (sometimes plain b***hy), bitey Hen

This is normal behavior for a female budgie. Whether she has a friend or not. I think this is because the females are the nest builders and egg sitters. They seem to be in a protective mode most of the time. Mickey is and will always be a boss and Murphy just lets her be that way without much protest. Same way when living in @finchly home.

Beasley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maggie Beasley
They’re asleep so no new pictures tonight, but things are going great! Blue is fully weaned and living in a big bird cage, I am now confident he is ready to move forward into his own flock and family ❤ Wiggler, after appearing to stagnate, is back to changing and developing physically every day! He’s getting darker and his body is sprouting more and more feathers. He’s eating millet really well and just today I gave him a seed and pellet mix to try out.

Wiggle and I had a big scare a week ago when I was feeding him. Usually when I reach for my wet towel to clean him off he runs onto the heat pad and keeps his little formula feet all toasty warm (read makes a big goopy mess), this time he darted right off my counter top and hit the ground! I think my heart stopped, but thankfully the little guy is absolutely fine! I’ve monitored him closely and he never missed a beat. He’s one impressive chick!

I’m so proud of these little guys :heart: I’ll do my best to get new pictures of them up tomorrow so you can see how far they’ve come!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
this time he darted right off my counter top and hit the ground! I think my heart stopped, but thankfully the little guy is absolutely fine!
Adelie was like that, she just wanted to jump on me to snuggle and would havppily walk off the coffee table to do so. She fell off once but was fine, she landed on my slipper so at least she had a soft landing.
Imagine for these guys:

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
Blue has a truly lovely personality, he’s gentle and mild mannered and so tolerant of every situation I’ve put him in. He is just a fantastic bird and will be an exceptional addition to any family.

I don’t know exactly where he’ll end up and I want to do my best to assure his wings are never clipped, so here he is enjoying his bribery millet during some harness training.
76BB92E2-823B-4206-99D4-93BD28374809.jpeg
Ed horning in ;) 6C0835BD-57EB-4362-AF03-0B4DD34D85CA.jpeg
Looking sweet and petite! 789C0C77-89DF-414F-B9DF-1FCF76919A28.jpeg

Wiggle is still too young to really tell, more than anything he’s just hungry! He even cries when he’s full, that chick would eat himself into a coma if I kept feeding him! He is eating millet very well now and he’s developing wonderfully. He’s beautiful and I think will be nearly identical to Blue once he’s all feathered out. He definitely has more yellow than Blue does.

He’s not so steady on his feet yet.
7018648A-0D11-493E-817F-7D54F9C505F2.jpeg
You can see all that millet in his crop :lol:
EA1DF2B1-148C-40B9-948E-CAD65A19A856.jpeg
Trying to eat my fingers..clearly he’s starving!
F861F541-C0CD-41D9-A5B6-60A9AEF4F391.jpeg
Their parents are with an aunt who wanted them for her aviary. They may still need to be split up..the dad has continued to mate with mom bird and she’s been laying eggs on the floor. So I might be taking one of them back.

Dorcas George

Ditto to what Finchly and MyBluebird said! Thank you for posting an update!