• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie Foster Family

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
worst case scenario I have to buy them all (which is asinine as they were given to the store) I will try to figure it out either way
Negotiate.
Write up a bill for the pet store for your services and supplies.
Show them the bill but say you will be happy to keep the birds and call it even steven ;)

Beasley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maggie Beasley
Yellow chick is refusing feedings today, only ate about .5ml each feeding which is normal for the first of the day but after he usually eats 2-3ml. He’s not looking so good :shakehead:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Recheck your brooder temp, and formula temp. What is his crop like? How often are you feeding atm?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Oh no! Is that the one with the beak issue?

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
Recheck your brooder temp, and formula temp. What is his crop like? How often are you feeding atm?
I raises the brooder temperature, he’s not snuggling with his siblings so I’m worried he’s not staying warm. The formula temp is good and the other chicks are eating and appear in perfect health. His crop seems to be emptying slower than usual. I’m feeding every 3h which seems right for the Wiggler but maybe too frequently for the older two.

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
Add a teensy drop of vinegar to warm water and put it in his crop. Or serve it in some watery formula.
Okay I just did that with water, his crop isn’t emptying it’s been 2h since his last feeding and it still has food in it. He did really like the water with a little drop of vinegar in it, he seems hungry.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh... he already has feathers. So I guess you can’t tell if he skin looks red or shiny.

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
I might be able to see some of his skin under his wings, what color should he be? I just offered him some formula with vinegar in it, that he did not want. The crop has still not emptied. Should I try again with the vinegar water?

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
Should he be separated from the other chicks? I hate to do it because they keep each other warm but if it’s better for them I will.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I wouldn’t. They’ve already been exposed if he’s sick but I suspect it’s more a failure to thrive.

Skin that is bright pink and shiny indicates dehydration.

I alternate vinegar water with formula. As long as it empties once in 24 hr that’s fine.

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
Failure to thrive sounds right to me too. I hope his crop will empty, he’s a fighter. He survived weeks with that beak, barely able to eat before I pulled him from the nest. I really hope that vinegar does the trick.

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
I just swapped out their bedding, it was soaked! Okay I’m being dramatic but still it was wet in the corner they snuggle up in. I offered more vinegar water, I gave him as much as he’d drink (2ml) his crop still hasn’t emptied but he seems a little better. Is it weird to give the other chicks vinegar water prophylactically? I’m feeling a bit paranoid about them.