• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Brotogeris

starrynightxxi

Meeting neighbors
Honestly, that rule for kennels is mostly to aid in housebreaking dogs. For bird cages, I'm not sure you can get too big, but the larger cages do tend to have wider bar spacing, so you'll have to keep that in mind

PghBirdGirl

Moving in
Wanted to give a Keisel update!

He is doing fantastic! He loves to sit on my hand or my knee and he is so very, very happy. He was clipped before I acquired him, but he loves to flap his wings and hop around on the furniture when the cats are locked up. I've been "kenneling" the cats for an hour or so every day so Keisel has free range. The dogs could care less about him, but he's slowly warming up to my German Shepherd. Keisel already knows "kisses" and it even sounded like he said "Hi" today.

McDreamy has been doing even better. In the past, I had to keep him pretty much covered/secluded or he would scream/screech until I was at my wits end. Guess who's only been singing since Keisel came home? :) The only time McDreamy screams is when I take Keisel out of his cage and out of the "cage room". I tried introducing the two of them, but it didn't go over well. I am wondering if Dreams knows something I don't know; one of his late night songs is a mating call. He would sing the exact same song before he would get busy with Meredith. He's also doing the wing posturing and dancing around.

The websites above are very informative and I've gotten a lot of hints/suggestions from them. I think I have enough bird toys to last two lifetimes...