• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

boric acid had conure

nastya778

Moving in
hi we recently moved and this place has little roaches (size of a small seed and small almond). mostly in the kitchen cabinets. my conures cage is in the kitchen ( we don’t cook much). i want a healthy way to treat the roaches without an exterminator so it’s not harmful to my little guy. i read about boric acid and wanted to try it. my concern is, i understand the roaches will get super thirsty after consuming boric acid. is it likely they will go to his cage for water in his beaker? and if that does happen how would it be toxic for him to drink it? i change the water twice a day in the am and pm.

please help me, this is driving me crazy. our home is very clean, his cage is clean but i noticed one small roach in his cage the other day and i don’t want him to have neighbors ahah..

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I am not sure about the safety of boric acid around birds- I have only ever used it for ants outside and that was a long time ago and it did not work for me lol.

You can use diatomaceous earth or roach baits to kill them.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
One thing you should NOT use is sticky traps.
It's pretty awful if your bird manages to get stuck on one.