• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Body weight of Green Cheek Conure

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Hello!
My bird weighed 63g when I get him by Petsmart, but when I measured the bird's weight today it is 65g. As far as I know, a regular Green Cheek Conure weighs between 60 and 80 grams. If you look at the picture of my bird, the kneel bone seems to be a little overweight, so the bird is normal..?

Attachments

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
That’s a decent weight. I would be very surprised if a cheekie was overweight at 65. Jewel has gotten up to 110 and is on thyroid meds to help.

Beautiful baby! Congrats!

peaches13

Strolling the yard
That’s a decent weight. I would be very surprised if a cheekie was overweight at 65. Jewel has gotten up to 110 and is on thyroid meds to help.

Beautiful baby! Congrats!
Thank you for understanding me. He is very active out of cage except when I go to Kitchen. :)

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
It all depends on the bird, i think. My Jade is only 58 grams, although she's still pretty young.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Rupert is six years old and weighs a consistent 69g. He would rather climb than fly, but he's healthy.

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Rupert is six years old and weighs a consistent 69g. He would rather climb than fly, but he's healthy.
My bird eat well, play well, and poop well. Same as my bird would not fly. Does your conure scary when put on the floor? My conure is afraid to put down on the floor. I just want to make him explore his room.
Thank you!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My bird eat well, play well, and poop well. Same as my bird would not fly. Does your conure scary when put on the floor? My conure is afraid to put down on the floor. I just want to make him explore his room.
Thank you!
The floor is a very vulnerable position for a bird. They prefer height as they can see around them and feel more secure. Try to make highways around the room with ropes and playstands to encourage movement.

peaches13

Strolling the yard
The floor is a very vulnerable position for a bird. They prefer height as they can see around them and feel more secure. Try to make highways around the room with ropes and playstands to encourage movement.
Oh I did not know that.. I feel sorry to my bird. When he have outside of cage time he just play on my table. I tried to put him on the floor and I see his face was afraid. Then I stop that.
Thank you!