• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bleeding from the mouth

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
Yes, now she is sleeping but she got her food, she tries to fly to her sisters cage and was near to crash, i guess its a good sign she is able to move more but the thing is that she needs to rest, i thought she would get a heart stack but she is sleeping agin, and are up on her swing,She is very strong but i will find a better tequinqe to catch her better so she cant fly! I feel like im a bad owner for this to happen, i just wanted to catch her but the minute she was out of the cage she wanted to get out. But as i said now she is sleeping and hoping she did not thought that was a big deal❤ But i got so scared

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
Well kinda tame, i will hopefully get that cleaned off tomorrow morning!

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Well kinda tame, i will hopefully get that cleaned off tomorrow morning!
You don’t have to do anything about it. But maybe if you’re handfeeding her formula you could wipe her face then and get some of it off.

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
I will do that soon as she gets her food, and yes a litlle bit tame! But bites

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Let her bite bite bite the washcloth. Just use a clean one so you don’t put more germs on her.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Good for her. She just needs to get some energy back (after that blood loss).

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
Yes ofcourse! She seems to get better every hour, i noticed she beak grinded and had one foot up! Im just so happy that she recovers well!

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
Uprate! She is recovering more faster than i expetcted her to, she is a LOT more active and more chirpy, now she can eat normally and dont need much formula, but she is doing really well and im just so happy, i cant even think about how much pain and weak she must have felt, ive had never ever seen her in this such a condition. She is a really strong little bird, by the way her name is Louise! And i also wanted to say thankyou for the souport and help! The vet said guessed she had two pappiloma lumps on her tounge and cut them off thorugh surgery! And she will finally get back to normal soon

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
:heart2:yay! Louise you sweetie! Keep getting better!!

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Way to go Louise!

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
How long can it take until a bird fully recovers from blood loss?

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
It’s going to take a few weeks for her to get all those blood cells back.

Why do you ask?

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
Im just asking becuase i guess it rakes time for recovery as she seems still tierd but she is better!

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
Ive let Louise in her normal cage agin with her sister, she is strong enough to stand on one leg and preens more often, she seems to recover well but i see her sleep, but that is understandeble, she can rest all the time she needs to, she sleeps one one leg so i guess thats a good sign aswell. Eating like a horse!!! And she starts to do her daily ”scream” she kinda chirps loud or how i could describe it. she have been in a small transport cage in a whole week now so i think she is happy to switch back to her normal cage!

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I’m glad she’s recovered so well. I was worried about her and about you when she was having those bleeding problems.

I guess this is why if a parrot is doing some weird behavior, we ought to figure out why. I mean scratching at the mouth is strange UNLESS you know bird has a growth in its mouth that’s probably getting in the way.

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
Yes and om glad it got cut off! They guessed it was a pappiloma and i think that too, that lump have been there sooo long and now it started to bother her but om glad she is okay and will rest from the stressful week! I mean she is very strong from having to face death from severe blood loss and then have surgery and made it!! I was so worried about her and cried and panicked rushing to the vet, she is my childhood bird having her for 7 years❤ I could not imagine without her

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Oh, that’s lovely that you’ve had her for so long. She’s starting to be an older parrotlet but she’s still got some years left.

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
Yes, shes a middle aged little bird! Ive heard they can be up to 15 to 20 years! Im just really greatful that my birds have been there for me while growing up!