• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bleeding from the mouth

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I hope she continues to be well.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Ugh...I don't like squint eyes, thst can be from pain , sinus or whatever caused the bleeding, or just general unwell bird.. and being fluffed. ...keep a close eye on her.

Glad to hear eating well and some increased activity

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I’m guessing a tongue injury is very painful.
My hope is that this bird is just kinda miserable, not that there’s a more serious issue.

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
Hej guys today was a very stressful day…

today we had to take her to the vet agin becuase of her mouth bleeding, she got so weak and the moment my family saw it we drove off to the vet clinic as soon as possible, i thought she was gonna die. When we got there the vet took her fast and gave her oxygen gas and warmth. They said it was a much likely a pappilmoma on her tounge that she later had surgery, they surgery went well, and the lump will be sent to a labratory later. Now she has a very big collar around her neck, she is very tierd, had severe blood loss but she did make it , PHEW. I ve had nerver been so worried and om happy she recovers soon enough.❤

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Hej guys today was a very stressful day…

today we had to take her to the vet agin becuase of her mouth bleeding, she got so weak and the moment my family saw it we drove off to the vet clinic as soon as possible, i thought she was gonna die. When we got there the vet took her fast and gave her oxygen gas and warmth. They said it was a much likely a pappilmoma on her tounge that she later had surgery, they surgery went well, and the lump will be sent to a labratory later. Now she has a very big collar around her neck, she is very tierd, had severe blood loss but she did make it , PHEW. I ve had nerver been so worried and om happy she recovers soon enough.❤
Wow
I'm upset they missed it on first visit!
But I'm so glad you rushed her in and they did everything to save her!!!!
Sending well wishes for speedy recovery!
Are they having you fo baby bird formula or a special diet?

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
Wow
I'm upset they missed it on first visit!
But I'm so glad you rushed her in and they did everything to save her!!!!
Sending well wishes for speedy recovery!
Are they having you fo baby bird formula or a special diet?
she will have baby food for the next five days!!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
You can also offer cooked sweet potato mashed up. Soak pellets in just enough water to swell up and soften and crumble.

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
You can also offer cooked sweet potato mashed up. Soak pellets in just enough water to swell up and soften and crumble.
Yes, now she wants to climb up in the little cage, but the collar makes her struggle.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I am SO GLAD she’s ok and they found the lesion that was causing her to bleed. I hope that it’s nothing serious and she will be ok.

How scary it is when your bird gets weak!
I bet banana would be a treat for her, too. She may enjoy you hand feeding her little bits.

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
Yes, i dont dont knop what to do she got her collar of and that is not good

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
my god my aoutocorrekt is trash, so fight now she is sleeping and talking with her sister from the other cage, she has a warm lamp, she had her collar on but she suprisongly took it off, but im sure she will be fine without it for a while becuase of the anastehsia, and recovers from the surgery, i will hopefully give it to her tomorrow morning! She is suposed to be on the bottomom of tje cage or the low sticks but she just wants to sit right up on the highest swing, but i hope she will not fall.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
You could call the vet and ask them if you must put the collar back. If your mom or dad are home maybe they could help you with the collar.

I would take the swing and any high perches out of the cage.

I hope she’s ok.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
You can out a towel in bottom of cage to cushion any potential falls

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
Ive took the swing away now, she seems a little drowsy , her breathing is fast bit is this normal? She is calling on her sister i gave her some baby formula now, is she gonna make it thorugh the night?

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
She bit men hard becuase she tries to climb, but if she bit me hard is that a good sign?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I hope she recovers well. How scary and frustrating that it was missed on your first visit, be very interesting to find out what it actually is that has been causing the issue.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
I hope she feels much better tomorrow.
I wouldn't let her have the swing.
But if she is stressed sbd wanting to perch higher, rather than fight with her I might put a perch midway up and see if thdt satisfies her.
You definitely want to keep stress down
Is her sisters cage right next to her? Thst night help.
Prayers for your girl

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
Today this morning a saw her preen herself!
I put the swing back on this morning, she seems to be still sleepy but she starts to notice her surroundings more! We give her formula for now on and maybe Will get soft food when she gets a little bit stronger! Her collar is still off but she did not scratch it, her face is still a little sticky cuase of dried blood and food so it smells a bit. She is stubborn about sittning on the highest swing, No falling, and Yes!! Her sisters cage is beside her so they talk to eachother! She seems a little sad becuase she never have slept witout her sister. But she seems okay with it!

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Is she tame? Maybe you could soak a clean washcloth in warm water and wipe her face.

I’m glad she’s more awake. Since she bled a few times she’s probably kind of weak and tired.