• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird droppings changes after diet change?

bird_mama

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Shay
Hi! So this morning when I was changing his cage liner, I saw that my CAG’s stools were light brown in color? I feed Lafebers Premium diet pellets, Avian Naturals Allergy Mix, and mixed frozen vegetables. Recently I added Bodacious Birdie ‘Sneaky Sprinkles’ which contains
  • organic lacinto kale
  • organic dandelion greens
  • organic rainbow chard
  • organic carrot tops
  • organic parsley
  • organic cilantro

• I added this because I assumed he needed more variety in his diet. (I also love buying from them) but I just wanted to know if this is normal? Thanks

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Absolutely normal! Depending on the ratio foods and the colors of the foods eaten, their droppings can change, even throughout the day.

49428990_1184479985035863_4735612601059246080_o.jpg

bird_mama

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Shay
Absolutely normal! Depending on the ratio foods and the colors of the foods eaten, their droppings can change, even throughout the day.

View attachment 391271
That’s good to hear! I knew it was better to consult here, because all Google did was frighten me! :bash:His urates are white and his urine is clear. Should I continue using the sprinkles every day? Or should I begin to offer it every other day/week? And which food could be causing that scary paper bag color? Thank you for your help!:hug4:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Everything in there is safe to feed daily. I think you could do whatever makes you feel comfortable. It's hard to pinpoint exactly!

CrazyKozmo

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
Pellets (depending on their content) can cause the paper bag color...I would think that it is the Lafebers that is causing that color (I'm not familiar with the Avian Naturals Allergy mix). Nothing to be concerned about, in fact it proves that your bird is eating the pellets! Good job!

bird_mama

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Shay
Pellets (depending on their content) can cause the paper bag color...I would think that it is the Lafebers that is causing that color (I'm not familiar with the Avian Naturals Allergy mix). Nothing to be concerned about, in fact it proves that your bird is eating the pellets! Good job!
Thank you so much! :hug4: