• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird bite photos (Warning ~ Graphic)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
My bite is very minor, ( sympathies @Dartman )..well actually she bit me like 10 times...all minor wasn't till this morning I could see more evidence of them.
All completely my fault and mistake for trying to move an amped up parrot. And she was using restraint and not full force bites. But she did hold on and bam, bam , bam get me
How many do you count? ;)
View attachment 423141
Been a long time since a parrot successful landed a bite. Good refresher lol

Her she is checking out her handiwork shorty after.
View attachment 423142
Ow,ow and OW! But look how cute she is!

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Well... I guess he's hit the hormones pretty hard this year. We finally got over the hump on Lemon's courtship behavior toward Rhubarb (she remains totally disinterested), then he started messing around with the papers in his sleep cage. Today he flew to his sleep cage and didn't want to come out. When I got close he puffed up and lunged. He's been bluffing a bit in his sleep cage for the last couple of weeks but, stupid me, I didn't put it all together. When I went to remove his water bowl for the daily cleaning he got my right index finger. And when I reached to try and free my finger he got my left hand. It was only as I was bandaging up that I realized, much too late, that he was making his sleep cage a nest site. I think we need make some changes in his setup and routine and I'll keep my hands away from the water bowl while he's in his cage. :shifty:

P_20230223_144801.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Well... I guess he's hit the hormones pretty hard this year. We finally got over the hump on Lemon's courtship behavior toward Rhubarb (she remains totally disinterested), then he started messing around with the papers in his sleep cage. Today he flew to his sleep cage and didn't want to come out. When I got close he puffed up and lunged. He's been bluffing a bit in his sleep cage for the last couple of weeks but, stupid me, I didn't put it all together. When I went to remove his water bowl for the daily cleaning he got my right index finger. And when I reached to try and free my finger he got my left hand. It was only as I was bandaging up that I realized, much too late, that he was making his sleep cage a nest site. I think we need make some changes in his setup and routine and I'll keep my hands away from the water bowl while he's in his cage. :shifty:

View attachment 423706
It is a bummer how much they change with their hormones. Burt has only just started being all sweet and nice again- I hope your hormone surges are short lived and peace returns fast.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

View attachment 423706
Ugh… spring!!
While we love it for ourselves it brings on a surge for our birds they can’t comprehend in behavior towards the hand that feed them. I’ve notice more hormones here with my smaller group. The two crimson hens are well… horney. Ruby will visit Casey when I’m changing paper to steal his treats and eventually sits on top of the bowl flitting her wings to invite mating. Enter Andrea… the no mating guard to interrupt and piff off amorous moods. Then there’s Ruby’s sister… in hyper drive to shred her floor paper into tiny bits of confetti. Scarlette.. at this point is NOT allowed any visitation with Casey… her love interest. I moved Bob- black capped conure to the crimson room and surprisingly he and Scarlette hit it off and have spent time together under supervision to have mutual preening. With her overdrive I don’t allow that either because she was hard pinching his his legs when he would stop preening her head. ( he has arthritic feet). Fun times in the crimson bird room … Rocket and Astro wouldn’t think about touching each other so they don’t need any supervision while they are out. Waiting to see what he’ll comes from Henry… Lola is so mild during hormones I have zero to dread about her. Love her!!!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Enter Andrea… the no mating guard to interrupt and piff off amorous moods.

This comment tickled me pink :laughing7: Andrea the no mating guard! lolol

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Enter Andrea… the no mating guard to interrupt and piff off amorous moods.

This comment tickled me pink :laughing7: Andrea the no mating guard! lolol
You know…. I’m really hated. :D

But they get over quickly when the little crack head seed addicts get their small seed treat when I change papers.
Food trumps the Humpty Dumpty woo woo attitude!!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It is a bummer how much they change with their hormones. Burt has only just started being all sweet and nice again- I hope your hormone surges are short lived and peace returns fast.
I do not want to say it too early, but Michael is as well.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I do not want to say it too early, but Michael is as well.
Has Michael been a bit moody?

Burt has been awesome again today! I honestly could cry happy tears knowing my bird is back- I missed him so much while he was intent on killing me and getting me away from him. It really is such a shock to see how different his whole behavior is and then how calm and pleasant he changes back to and the speed it all happens at is honestly something I am not sure I will ever get used to.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Michael will be 15 this year (so hard to believe) and he has been moody to say the least since he was around five years old. It is much more noticeable if I try to touch him for any reason, so he has been hands off other than toweling when it is absolutely necessary.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Phoebe bit me on face! Not sure what happened ...was paying attention to a different bird ....pretty sure hormones played at least a minor role
IMG_20230309_104627113.jpg
Btw hope not to be back with more bites for a long time!!!

VanSwss

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sara
Wowza! I got a little warning bite from our Greenwing youngster when we first met (20 plus years ago) - left an indent, thankfully no blood. I've been fortunate to have never been bitten by anything hard enough to draw blood - birds anyway. I just have a cockatiel now - no worries about that..lol

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Wowza! I got a little warning bite from our Greenwing youngster when we first met (20 plus years ago) - left an indent, thankfully no blood. I've been fortunate to have never been bitten by anything hard enough to draw blood - birds anyway. I just have a cockatiel now - no worries about that..lol
I hadn't been bitten in ages! Now 2 in a month!

lauraweber

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Laura Weber
The bitemarks are near to your eyes. if it makes worse it will target your eyes

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Jimi (Hahns Macaw) hates the vet. He tries to kill me when I go to put him in his travel cage.
I thought he didn't know what I was up to this morning but he figured it out and was coming for me and I was running away and protecting my face.

So he got the back of my ear. I was happy he didn't go all the way thru.
But that is a really weird place to get bit. Really sore and will keep me up tonight when I roll on it.

When I scraped him off my ear (still protecting my face) he bit my upper arm.
then he went for my hand but I managed to grab his head finally.

Traditionally I endure this for up to 5 days after a vet appt, although if he draws blood he will quit early.
I don't think I have a pic but once he leaped from my lap to bite thru the septum of my nose, that hurt like I can't even say. I forgot how to breathe.

Back of my ear. It is impossible to take a good pic of the back of your own ear.
P1000535sm.JPG

Upper arm

P1000537sm.JPG

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Jimi (Hahns Macaw) hates the vet. He tries to kill me when I go to put him in his travel cage.
I thought he didn't know what I was up to this morning but he figured it out and was coming for me and I was running away and protecting my face.

So he got the back of my ear. I was happy he didn't go all the way thru.
But that is a really weird place to get bit. Really sore and will keep me up tonight when I roll on it.

When I scraped him off my ear (still protecting my face) he bit my upper arm.
then he went for my hand but I managed to grab his head finally.

Traditionally I endure this for up to 5 days after a vet appt, although if he draws blood he will quit early.
I don't think I have a pic but once he leaped from my lap to bite thru the septum of my nose, that hurt like I can't even say. I forgot how to breathe.

Back of my ear. It is impossible to take a good pic of the back of your own ear.
View attachment 438876

Upper arm

View attachment 438877
Oh no I am so sorry I hope your ok

and the vet appointment went well