• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Best Bird for Us?

T. gillii

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Link
So, we have (as we've mentioned before) decided to add to our flock. I have already sent in my adoption application to my first choice.

Now, they tend to have medium-large birds, so this is already unfamiliar territory. But, you have to start somewhere, and you can't get experience without experiencing things.

We live in a house that we own. Screaming isn't a problem, all that jazz. We wouldn't rehome a bird for any behavioral issues.

Now, my rescue of choice, is The Lily Sanctuary.

They're only an hour away. Here's their website: The Lily Sanctuary |

they have a few adoption profiles, but they are all cockatoos.

if you look on their Instagram ( The Lily Sanctuary (@thelilysanctuary) • Instagram photos and videos ) you can find more of their available birds.

My question is, which species, or specific bird, do you think we should get? Is there any advice you would like to tell me?

(The comments wont decide for me, I just thought it would be a nice perspective and kind of fun!)

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Well it all depends on you:) Do you want a bird that spends the entire day getting into what you are doing, or one that prefers ambient attenion(playing in the same room for example) for example? Or very active, or a bit more laid back etc? And then you still have alllll those individual differences, so I would just go meet the birds at the sanctuary and see whether you hit it off!:)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think you should go and meet some of the birds and see what you like. :)