• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bebe left me this evening.

SkyLark

Walking the driveway
Real Name
I'm so sorry. May she fly high and free over the rainbow bridge :sorrow:

Tielygirl

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
:crycry: Thank you everyone. I dont really have a close community of bird people near me, and this site really helps me out so much. :heart:

I am not sure if i mentioned this, but in 15 years of keeping parrots this is the first year I have had any deaths. Two in as many months is really hard. I am trying to cope and make sure the other two are doing ok. On top of everything going on in the world, I am changing jobs next week, and I have to move closer to my new job so I have been preparing for a big move (~40 miles away from current location). AND I had planned a short vacation last year for memorial week. I tried to cancel due to COVID, but the place were staying at told us they wouldnt refund me, and the whole trip is already paid for. This is becoming overwhelming really quick.

Love My Zons

Biking along the boulevard
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I'm so very sorry for your loss of Bebe. May she fly free and reunite with Shadow. I hope your days get better for you.

:hug8:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
cynthia
I’m so very sorry for your loss fly Free over the rainbow

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss of Bebe.

Miss Annamarie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Annamarie
I'm so so sorry, I'm glad she had all the wonderful care from you.

Kathryn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kathryn
:crycry: Thank you everyone. I dont really have a close community of bird people near me, and this site really helps me out so much. :heart:

I am not sure if i mentioned this, but in 15 years of keeping parrots this is the first year I have had any deaths. Two in as many months is really hard. I am trying to cope and make sure the other two are doing ok. On top of everything going on in the world, I am changing jobs next week, and I have to move closer to my new job so I have been preparing for a big move (~40 miles away from current location). AND I had planned a short vacation last year for memorial week. I tried to cancel due to COVID, but the place were staying at told us they wouldnt refund me, and the whole trip is already paid for. This is becoming overwhelming really quick.
I am so deeply sorry for your loss. The rainbow bridge welcomed her home. There she will be when you go home too. We lost our beloved Lovey on April 30th, she was a golden pearl cockatiel. She is sorely missed. She was my daughter's bird. She cries every night for the loss of her baby. She meant so much to my daughter. I am sad by her loss and even more by my daughter's grief. Here is a picture of her.

Attachments