• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bebe left me this evening.

Tielygirl

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
:crycry: Thank you everyone. I dont really have a close community of bird people near me, and this site really helps me out so much. :heart:

I am not sure if i mentioned this, but in 15 years of keeping parrots this is the first year I have had any deaths. Two in as many months is really hard. I am trying to cope and make sure the other two are doing ok. On top of everything going on in the world, I am changing jobs next week, and I have to move closer to my new job so I have been preparing for a big move (~40 miles away from current location). AND I had planned a short vacation last year for memorial week. I tried to cancel due to COVID, but the place were staying at told us they wouldnt refund me, and the whole trip is already paid for. This is becoming overwhelming really quick.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I'm so very sorry for your loss of Bebe. May she fly free and reunite with Shadow. I hope your days get better for you.

:hug8:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I’m so very sorry for your loss fly Free over the rainbow

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss of Bebe.

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
I'm so so sorry, I'm glad she had all the wonderful care from you.

Kathryn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kathryn
:crycry: Thank you everyone. I dont really have a close community of bird people near me, and this site really helps me out so much. :heart:

I am not sure if i mentioned this, but in 15 years of keeping parrots this is the first year I have had any deaths. Two in as many months is really hard. I am trying to cope and make sure the other two are doing ok. On top of everything going on in the world, I am changing jobs next week, and I have to move closer to my new job so I have been preparing for a big move (~40 miles away from current location). AND I had planned a short vacation last year for memorial week. I tried to cancel due to COVID, but the place were staying at told us they wouldnt refund me, and the whole trip is already paid for. This is becoming overwhelming really quick.
I am so deeply sorry for your loss. The rainbow bridge welcomed her home. There she will be when you go home too. We lost our beloved Lovey on April 30th, she was a golden pearl cockatiel. She is sorely missed. She was my daughter's bird. She cries every night for the loss of her baby. She meant so much to my daughter. I am sad by her loss and even more by my daughter's grief. Here is a picture of her.

Attachments

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
I am so deeply sorry for your loss. The rainbow bridge welcomed her home. There she will be when you go home too. We lost our beloved Lovey on April 30th, she was a golden pearl cockatiel. She is sorely missed. She was my daughter's bird. She cries every night for the loss of her baby. She meant so much to my daughter. I am sad by her loss and even more by my daughter's grief. Here is a picture of her.

:sadhug2: I am so sorry for your loss as well. Loosing one of these feathered friends leaves a hole in your heart. I dont quite know what makes cockatiels so special, but they are so kind and sweet that loosing them is that much harder.
Lovey was a beautiful girl, tell your daughter that it will get easier as time passes. I was only able to take Bebe's remains in today to have her cremated. :( I still am feeling like there is a hole in my life looking for my two girls.

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry for the loss. Please don't blame yourself, sometimes it just happens no matter how quickly you respond. Your bird knew your love until the last moment, sometimes thats all we can give at that moment and the passing to the bridge is that moment is remembered.