• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby conure wont eat formula. help.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
If he has a full crop he´ll be fine. If his crop is somewhat empty, you may have to wake in a while to feed again.

TAKA666

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jangir
How much does he weigh? 10ml sounds like rather a lot for a GCC.

How much is his crop emptying between feeds?
he weighs 60 grams, and yes, he does poop 3-4 times between feeds. however, his corp doesnt visually look that empty, but thats something ill get checked by a vet tomorrow.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
He should be ok with 7-8CC per feeding. (I saw you say he weighed 70g at one point)

Reactions: Ali

TAKA666

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jangir
He should be ok with 7-8CC per feeding. (I saw you say he weighed 70g at one point)
that 70 grams was after feeding him 10ml. i will reduce the quantity in the future !

Reactions: Ali

TAKA666

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jangir
If he has a full crop he´ll be fine. If his crop is somewhat empty, you may have to wake in a while to feed again.
visually his crop looks filled, even when i touch, it doesn't feel empty, ill try feeding him tomorrow at 7.00-7.30am

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
visually his crop looks filled, even when i touch, it doesn't feel empty, ill try feeding him tomorrow at 7.00-7.30am
When you wake up, before feeding him, be sure the crop is empty - completely empty.

TAKA666

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jangir
When you wake up, before feeding him, be sure the crop is empty - completely empty.
will do! and will keep you updated ! thanks and good night!

TAKA666

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jangir
morning update- i woke up at 6.30 and i took him out of his cage (he was awake as well), i as soon as i placed him on my carpet, he started shaking vigorously, and then vomited small chunks of the formula. his crop is empty but he is still refusing to eat.

Attachments

TAKA666

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jangir
update-
just came back from the Vet, the Vet fed him his own formula with his own syringe ( small syringe with 1ml capacity),he was able to feed the chick about 4ml. he also performed " Lab parasitology faecal exam ( direct and float) " , and did an visual inspection of the chick. everything seems to normal and fine, and the feed response mostly changed because the chick is starting to wean.

i tried to feed him at home and his feeding response was back to normal, thank you to everyone who helped me, i was really stressed about him and i barely slept last night.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Glad you got to the vet :)

I like using a 2CC syring over the larger 5 or 10, I just have better control over it and can feed the chicks easier. You can buy syringes in the pharmacy, just tell them to remove the needles if they come with them.

TAKA666

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jangir
Glad you got to the vet :)

I like using a 2CC syring over the larger 5 or 10, I just have better control over it and can feed the chicks easier. You can buy syringes in the pharmacy, just tell them to remove the needles if they come with them.
yeah the Vet gave me three 1cc syringes , and the chicks feeding response is amaizng with them!
also today he started eating pellets (Harrisons), as recommended by the vet !

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
That´s great!! :)