• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are Canary Winged parakeets good in coexisting with other small parrots?

vkelman

Moving in
Real Name
Vladimir Kelman
Are Canary Winged parakeets good in coexisting with other small parrots? Or are they rather aggressive or territorial?

We have a parrotlet and a budgie living in the same room (our living room). Each has its own cage, but cages stay open, birds spend daytime with us, only sleeping in cages. I'd like to buy a young Canary Winged parakeet in case it could live in the same room, perhaps in its own cage - but also opened all the time. (Parrotlets are said to often be aggressive towards other birds, but it depends on a bird's personality. Our 8 years old parrotlet Chizhik is quite shy.)

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Bump is posted when you have had no replies, it just brings your thread back to the top of the whats new list

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
:welcomegroup:My baby never had a problem with other birds but remember that every bird is different. If you slowly introduce them they probably tolerate and maybe like each other ;)

vkelman

Moving in
Real Name
Vladimir Kelman
:welcomegroup:My baby never had a problem with other birds but remember that every bird is different. If you slowly introduce them they probably tolerate and maybe like each other ;)
Thank you. Sure, I know that each bird had its own individuality. We're experienced parrotlet owners, and our parrotlets were very different, not like each other.
I'm glad that Canary Winged are not known to be generally aggressive (parrotlets are). I just recently became aware of Canary Winged, they seem to be wonderful birds and not so insanely pricey as Sierra parakeets.
I'm now trying to find a young Canary Winged in a drivable distance from Silver Spring MD.

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Thank you. Sure, I know that each bird had its own individuality. We're experienced parrotlet owners, and our parrotlets were very different, not like each other.
I'm glad that Canary Winged are not known to be generally aggressive (parrotlets are). I just recently became aware of Canary Winged, they seem to be wonderful birds and not so insanely pricey as Sierra parakeets.
I'm now trying to find a young Canary Winged in a drivable distance from Silver Spring MD.
I’ve been on a journey to find one and it’s proven difficult :(

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Shady pines breeds the Brotogeris species and feathered treasures aviary has the occasional Canary winged parakeet.
They’re in Florida but they do ship ;)

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
:greet13:hi!
Welcome!