• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aqua Orange Face

S.Fanska

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Stephanie Fanska
Just out of curiosity...
Thinking out of the box-

What would a Blue series lovebird, Aqua look like if it also inherited 1 orange face gene from each parent?
What might an Orangefaced Aqua look like?

Also-
A Green Turquoise? Green series bird with 1 "WF" genes inherited from each parent.
What might that look like?

Does anyone have one?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
What might an Orangefaced Aqua look like?
Assuming you mean Roseicollis, here is a photo;
IMG_20230211_224311.jpg

A Green Turquoise? Green series bird with 1 "WF" genes inherited from each parent.
What might that look like?
I think that would just be a Turquoise bird.
If you had two green birds split to Turquoise, the offspring would be a mix of some Green split to Turquoise and some Turquoise.
@expressmailtome might know better on that one.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
If you had two green birds split to Turquoise, the offspring would be a mix of some Green split to Turquoise and some Turquoise.
I went and checked the calculator, two green split to parblue birds will produce green, green split to parblue, and also parblue offspring. I didn´t think you could get a green non split to turquoise bird from two split birds, but it says you will.

Here´s the link if you want to look at other combinations;

S.Fanska

Real Name
Stephanie Fanska
Assuming you mean Roseicollis, here is a photo;
View attachment 423028

I think that would just be a Turquoise bird.
@expressmailtome might know better on that one.
Does "Turquoise " imply a blue series bird?
So a green series bird which is also Whitefaced, what would the WF gene do to the green plumage? A green series bird with a single WF factor is that a 'Lime green?
I'm doing some genetic catching up-
I am struggling a bit with newer terms like aqua and Turquoise referring to Seagreen and double WF factor in blue series birds.
Also trying to discover how WFI & WF2 affects green series.

S.Fanska

Real Name
Stephanie Fanska
So a green series bird which is also Whitefaced, what would the WF gene do to the green plumage? A green series bird with a single WF factor is that a 'Lime green?
I'm doing some genetic catching up-
I am struggling a bit with newer terms like aqua and Turquoise referring to Seagreen and double WF factor in blue series birds.
Also trying to discover how WFI & WF2 affects green series.

Very interesting picture of an OF blue series bird. What publication is this photo in?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Turquoise is a blue series bird.

So a green series bird which is also Whitefaced
As far as I know this doesn´t exist.

Keep in mind that AquaTurquoise and Aqua are all blue series birds. They may ¨look¨ green, but aren´t green series.

double WF factor in blue series birds
I haven never heard of whitefaced lovebirds being spoken about like that. Maybe that is why you are struggling?
In a Turquoise bird, it is usually a bluey green hued bird with a peachy brow. However sometimes the psittacine reduction is so much that the bird appears more blue and loses the peachy brow. There is no way to measure that. Whitefaced simply means that. That visually the reduction is so great is leaves the face white.

What publication is this photo in?
Dirk Van Den Abeele - Lovebird compendium. It is a really good reference book for lovebird genetics.

S.Fanska

Real Name
Stephanie Fanska
I went and checked the calculator, two green split to parblue birds will produce green, green split to parblue, and also parblue offspring. I didn´t think you could get a green non split to turquoise bird from two split birds, but it says you will.

Here´s the link if you want to look at other combinations;

I would have LLLOVED this calculator before I learned about what/how recessive, and sex linked genes worked.
35 years of this mostly self taught has led me to some false information being given to by others. I was told 'Etched' was sex linked carried by the female then I learned it's a simple recessive. So far ...

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Turquoise lovebird;

Turquoise lovebird (with flash);

Turquoise lovebird (specifically the closer bird, I can´t see the bird at the back well enough);

Turquoise lovebird, chick - the grey grows out during first moult, the black beak fades;

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I have a bird like the first one in the pics above, and with ¨flash¨ he shines bright jade, very green looking. My other birds have violet factors and so aren´t as green, and lean more indio violet.

So keep in mind when looking at photos whether there is a flash or not as it can change the appearance greatly.

Here is an article:
It is about Fischeri, Personatus and Roseicollis so Blue birds are spoken of. In Roseicollis lovebirds, there is no such thing.

Link to the main site;

S.Fanska

Real Name
Stephanie Fanska
Decades ago...lol...
A blue series bird which inherited 1 WF gene from a parent was called Seagreen. A blue bird whon inherited 2 WF genes was "Whitefaced ". The pretty very blue with no color on the face.
Although, I have seen poor quality in which a bit of pale peach still appears close to the nose.

S.Fanska

Real Name
Stephanie Fanska
Decades ago...lol...
A blue series bird which inherited 1 WF gene from a parent was called Seagreen. A blue bird whon inherited 2 WF genes was "Whitefaced ". The pretty very blue with no color on the face.
Although, I have seen poor quality in which a bit of pale peach still appears close to the nose.
Also-
Before the WF made it's way on the scene, there were only variations on the "Dutch Blue".

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
To help you in your research, ¨Seagreen¨ is AquaTurquoise, and ¨Dutch blue¨ is Aqua. You might find more info, or more accurate info using those terms :)

S.Fanska

Real Name
Stephanie Fanska
Thank you so much!
Question...
Why have these newer terms been adopted from the older one?

S.Fanska

Real Name
Stephanie Fanska
Oh! Also...
Is there another term for Whitefaced?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
There is no "Blue Series" in Peachfaced lovebirds. It doesn't exist. Only Green and Parblue. There is the Blue phenotype and should be referenced as *Blue with an asterick. Genetically it's still a Parblue.

The new color names you are referring to are actually the genetic color names for the mutations.