• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone have a Vasa Parrot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EccentricWrite

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kelsey E.L.
does anyone know the price range for a lesser vasa? They look so beautiful :heart::heart::heart:

Kimba

Sprinting down the street
they can be really hard to find. They are more difficult to breed, and I would expect to be on a waiting list as well. As far as price goes...in general vasa's are not expensive birds. (600 from breeder 1000+ retail) I would assume that the lessers follow the same pricing, but I am not sure.

Tinta

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Kimba, I'm so glad you're back. :3

Kimba

Sprinting down the street
thanks!!!! it's good to have the time again!

Bunnygirl

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I realize I'm resurrecting an old threat, but this has been kind of fun to read. I got in a conversation with the owner of the bird store I got Morgan from and she was telling me that with any luck she'd be getting a breeder pair of Vasa's soon. After that conversation I got curious and found this thread. Fascinating birds (of course, all birds are).

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Yes, Petoskey is my Greater Vasa parrot. What would you like to know? They are quite beautiful.

sasha

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
A small bird store opened up in my town a few months ago. I decided to go check it out. There was a Greater Vasa in the window. He was dancing back and forth on his perch. He did this the entire time we were in there. I had never seen one before so I was very intrigued. He was priced at $1200 I think and was 2 years old.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Cute birdsl The price is about right. They are a bit more independent than needy. They remind me of conures when I see them playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.