• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any kitten experts?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Please do. I want the little one to survive and thrive.

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
@GoDucks how’s her kitten doing?

In other news, Dario was dewormed for the first time, the vet was impressed with how big and active he is.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Steph, how did you get your little one to eat? I am in a discussion with a person who found a one week old kitten in her backyard and she says she is not good at getting him to eat- he only took in 60 mil for the whole day yesterday.

Send me a PM tonight or tomorrow. I've raised 4 babies from 3 weeks old. He might not eat much honestly because with our 4 babies, they were starving so their stomachs shrank and they couldn't eat much nor did they pee or poo for the first 2 days because nothing had been going through them. Has she ever raised them before? I fed my babies every 3 or so hours and then kind of estimated how many hours to go as they got older. Also get a puppy playpen (the kind with the screen and a lid & bottom)

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
someone catch me up on this thread, I can't read all 10 pages. I have raised 4, three week old kittens 2 years ago successfully, mostly singlehandedly and they are all super healthy and happy. It was quite challenging and I had to feed them every 3 or 4 hours including in the middle of the night, but I saw their sweet faces and melted so I didn't mind having to wake up at 2am to feed them.
Original thread was about a week old kitten that I found by the road. My kitten is 3 weeks at this point and doing very well.
Hopefully, GoDucks will PM you about their friend’s week old kitty.

Other news; more Dario pictures
2105E2BA-6F6C-47D0-90A3-C03207C85085.jpeg 32C2AE8A-8EBF-4EA1-BEDA-412C700BB13D.jpeg

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
@GoDucks how’s her kitten doing?

In other news, Dario was dewormed for the first time, the vet was impressed with how big and active he is.

Her kitten is doing okay, although it makes me kinda of annoyed that she won't get a heating pad- says he doesn't like the heat.

I impressed too! I can't believe this is the same kitten from a couple of weeks ago. Look at how big those paws are.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
He's starting to sleep through the night, only have to feed him before I go to bed and when I wake up. He's starting to play and clean himself, and I can see the energetic kitten phase starting as he pounces around the playpen.

Awwwwwwwwww he looks so fierce with his mousey toy.
He gets more fierce by the day! That mouse toy is his favorite.
He is just such a cutie!!
Thank you! He sure is!
Wow, he is really sprouting! I can't believe how alert he is now.
It's amazing how much he's changed in such a sort time.
Her kitten is doing okay, although it makes me kinda of annoyed that she won't get a heating pad- says he doesn't like the heat.
I impressed too! I can't believe this is the same kitten from a couple of weeks ago. Look at how big those paws are.
Ugh. Well. I hope the kitten is warm enough. That's maddening. I'm rooting for the kitten.
Dario's paws sure are big! He looks like he has snow shoes, LOL.

This post is always the highlight of my day.
I'm glad! :)
OMG! He is so cute...I can hardly stand it!
Hehe, he really is!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine

Poor kitten.

You may end up with a very big boy if the paws are any indication.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
BF873F3F-F6F0-4EB9-A482-059DB31873E2.jpeg

He is just sooooooooo precious. I wanna scoop him up and give him cuddles and kisses.
So do I but he’d rather play!! Lol!

He is walking that well already? He is not only dangerously cute, but a fast learner too.
Oh yeah, he ran across the floor earlier today, he’ll be four weeks old tomorrow. It’s crazy how fast he’s growing and learning!

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
View attachment 318704

So do I but he’d rather play!! Lol!

Oh yeah, he ran across the floor earlier today, he’ll be four weeks old tomorrow. It’s crazy how fast he’s growing and learning!

He is absolutely adorable and I can't believe how far he has come. At four weeks they are usually still stumbling around, but he looks like he can move like an adult cat.

I was going to add, Steph, keep a watchful eye for any hawks that may be flying around.

I have a good feeling that you and Dario are going to have many great adventures together.