• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any kitten experts?

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
He is absolutely adorable and I can't believe how far he has come. At four weeks they are usually still stumbling around, but he looks like he can move like an adult cat.

I was going to add, Steph, keep a watchful eye for any hawks that may be flying around.

I have a good feeling that you and Dario are going to have many great adventures together.

He’s still a bit goofy as he walks around and I’ll upload a video later that my mom sent me while I was at work.

Will do, I keep eyes on the sky. My mom took him out that first time but she’s pretty careful too. We had a family of hawks around but haven’t seen them in a while now. Thank you though!

I certainly hope so. I got two harnesses for him to take him for walks later in life.

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
As smart as he is and as good as your are with him, I look for him to be harnessed trained in no time.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
As smart as he is and as good as your are with him, I look for him to be harnessed trained in no time.
My mom and I were talking about it and we're both amazed that he survived and is thriving like he is. He was so tiny and helpless.
This whole thing had been really good for me. I've been on OTC sleeping pills for around 12 years now, and couldn't take them with his needing feedings and I feel better than I have in years. I'm sure having finally gotten my anxiety diagnosed and getting medication and therapy for it helped but I was too afraid to quit the sleeping stuff.

GoDucks

Real Name
Jamie
My mom and I were talking about it and we're both amazed that he survived and is thriving like he is. He was so tiny and helpless.
This whole thing had been really good for me. I've been on OTC sleeping pills for around 12 years now, and couldn't take them with his needing feedings and I feel better than I have in years. I'm sure having finally gotten my anxiety diagnosed and getting medication and therapy for it helped but I was too afraid to quit the sleeping stuff.
Isn't that amazing? I have always felt that companions like Dario come into a person's life for a reason. You gave him love and he gave you a reason (his well-being), for not taking those medications. Yes, that kitty is loved and his thriving is proof of that.

GoDucks

Real Name
Jamie
Okay, other person can not get her kitten to defecate, she is using a warm wet washcloth. Any suggestions?

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Okay, other person can not get her kitten to defecate, she is using a warm wet washcloth. Any suggestions?
If the kitten isn’t digesting that could be part of the issue. How long has it been?

Has she taken him to the vet?

Last edited:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
If she isn't keeping the kitten warm enough it's digestion will be slowed down. If it had been more that 2 days the kitten needs a vet visit.

GoDucks

Real Name
Jamie
If the kitten isn’t digesting that could be part of the issue. How long has it been?

Has she taken him to the vet?
Thank you, Steph
She took him to the vet a few days ago and they were able to get him to excrete his waste with no problem, although they did say he was very constipated.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Thank you, Steph
She took him to the vet a few days ago and they were able to get him to excrete his waste with no problem, although they did say he was very constipated.

It also could mean she is not mixing the formula thin enough. If the kitten isn't getting enough liquids it will be constipated.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Thank you, Steph
Zoo mom brings up a good point; I was asked that when Dario wasn’t pooping. Turns out he needed to eat more. But it doesn’t sound like this is the case with your friend’s kitty.
Is she helping the kitten eliminate properly?

Last edited:

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
This little guy won the jackpot!
He is a very lucky kitty.

I just try to do the best that I can for him, and thank you! He runs around so much I put a bell on him to keep track of him.

The harness will be too small in no time!
It sure will! I bought a lot of two on eBay, both bigger than the next, hopefully one of them fit him grown up. :)

GoDucks

Real Name
Jamie
Zoo mom brings up a good point; I was asked that when Dario wasn’t pooping. Turns out he needed to eat more. But it doesn’t sound like this is the case with your friend’s kitty.
Is she helping the kitten eliminate properly?

She just started wetting the cloth, apparently she didn't know that the washcloth that is used on his tummy needed to be wet. She is now trying suppositories.

GoDucks

Real Name
Jamie
It also could mean she is not mixing the formula thin enough. If the kitten isn't getting enough liquids it will be constipated.

Thank you, Elaine, I just quoted you again for her. Thank you for your advice and for caring about the little guy. :)

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
She just started wetting the cloth, apparently she didn't know that the washcloth that is used on his tummy needed to be wet. She is now trying suppositories.
I just used toilet paper and a wash cloth to clean him up afterwards. It needs to be on the kitten’s genitals. I didn’t use a wet wash cloth on his belly for fear of letting him get too cold.
I wish she was close because I’d take the kitten myself.

Last edited: