• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aggressive Electus?

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I didn't read everything in the thread to entirety so forgive me if I miss anything.

If you are looking for a better sprout mix those @Shezbug mentioned are good options. The parrot society of Australia also has an online shop. Another idea is to get in contact with some other experienced ekkie keepers around your area. I would follow vet advice before using pellets to ensure it compliments their dietary needs filling in around what you are already feeding. Ekkies require a good deal of care when it comes to diet, which I am sure you already know heaps about.

Some links you may find informative, including some of the discussions around pellets, etc.

This vet in NSW does a little break down of what a daily diet could look like, if you are near them maybe worth getting in touch :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I didn't read everything in the thread to entirety so forgive me if I miss anything.

If you are looking for a better sprout mix those @Shezbug mentioned are good options. The parrot society of Australia also has an online shop. Another idea is to get in contact with some other experienced ekkie keepers around your area. I would follow vet advice before using pellets to ensure it compliments their dietary needs filling in around what you are already feeding. Ekkies require a good deal of care when it comes to diet, which I am sure you already know heaps about.

Some links you may find informative, including some of the discussions around pellets, etc.

This vet in NSW does a little break down of what a daily diet could look like, if you are near them maybe worth getting in touch :)
Ohh my bad! I actually meant to put the PSOA shop in that list.

Vetafarm makes a pellet for ekkies...

Last edited: