• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Advice for a new cage?

Cockatango

Meeting neighbors
I have one cockatiel and have had her for over a year now. She lives in the cage my local pet store recommended, but I think it's time for an upgrade.

Specifically one with white bars (a light colour is also fine)
A relatively low plastic base so she can see out from the bottom, and has
A pull out tray (if there's a wire floor, that it's removable).
Casters would be preferred, or at least compatible with a trolley.
From or ships to the UK.

1. www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Friends-Hamberley-Metal-Cage/dp/B005CAY8QA/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1535885114&sr=1-1&keywords=HAMBERLEY+SINGLE+METAL+LARGE+CAGE
2. PawHut Large Metal Bird Cage Aviary Budgies Finch Cockatiel Birds Stand Feeding Station Open Top w/ Wheels (80L x 52W x154H(cm)): Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies
3. Pet Ting Tulip Large Bird Cage - For Finch Canary Budgie Cockatiel and other similar sized birds (White): Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies

This is my shortlist of what I've found online. I would love to get your opinions on these and/or recommendations of other cages that fit these parameters.

Thanks in advance!!

Roxhum

Walking the driveway
I would choose which ever cage has the most floor space not including height because that doesn’t really matter. I like cage #1 the best for the shape of it. Cage #2 is nice because it has metal bowls and swinging doors to get to the bowls. That is a nice convience. No to #3, it is too small.

Good luck with your decision. Your bird will be very happy

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I like cage #1 best also, #3 would not be good. It’s too small and looks hard to clean.

Max83

Walking the driveway
cage 3 too small.

I'd choose the bigger between 1 and 2, they both seem good built cages! good you're changing your baby's house :)