• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Adopted 3 budgies, now I have 7!

Mysteryzia

Moving in
I became a bird owner at the beginning of the year with two birds KC (f) and Leo (m). And a month later when I went to get a new cuttlebone I bought Yuki (m) (thought it was a female) & Goku (m). There were issues at first but I kept them separate and kept the birds in the pairs that I bought them in. Then my friend was no longer able to take care of her birds and gave them to me - Sky (m) , Olive (f) , & Azul (m).

Leo is the best! He’s my little old man. I guess he was dropped off at the pet store and was resold to me unknowingly as new. I saw he was ruffled and old looking with a missing part of the toe, but I kept him and love him now. He’s the only one who listens and keeps up with his training.

KC screeches all the time, she’s not trusting but she’s cute.

Goku is chill, he’s laid back but loves to play.

Yuki is a brat, always up to something, fighting, & screeching.

New birds-

So far, Olive is crazy, she’s fighting with everyone and ripping out feathers. Won’t let anyone get near her stuff and when they have their back turned, she attacks. Apparently she knows how to open the huge flight cage by messing with the latch.

Sky is calm & loves to swing.

Then there is Azul. He’s overweight and overwhelmed. He can barely fly a few feet before a crash landing, it’s very sad. He was always shaking when I saw him before but now that he’s separated, he isn’t shaking. :)

I’m most concerned about his wings and feet, he looks different than the other birds and I’m wondering what’s causing the problem.

I’ve attached a few pictures, let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

Oscarbird

Sprinting down the street
His feet look dry...? Also I would recommend switching out the dowel perch for some natural branch-type ones. They help with keeping birds feet in good shape. I'll tag some budgie people off the top of my head: @Kassiani , @Britnicorn , @Sparkles99 . Hopefully they should be able to help!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
What do the feet look like when the bird is stood on a flat surface such as a table?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum! What is Azul's diet like?

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I'm sorry. I have no feet experience. I'd follow what Shezbug said to do as a first step.