• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Rocky Start, But We’re Finding Our Way

DuckyLou

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lindsey
:hi: What a pretty, sweet face on your Ducky!! I get the anxiety! I've had my budgie boys for 4 years and still get anxiety about them, lol! I guess it's what being a parront is all about :) I'm still a bit new here, too, and AA has helped me tremendously! Welcome!
Thank you so much! Luckily it's settling down more, we are getting into a good routine, and she happily plays on her own when I need to focus on work :) I like that too- a "parront" that's exactly how it feels! I love AA and I love hearing that I am not alone in how I feel. Thank you for reaching out!

DuckyLou

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lindsey
Welcome to the Avenue!

I can relate. I also have pretty severe anxiety and have had those same feelings over pretty much all my birds.
When I got Zyda, my red-bellied parrot, I panicked about it so much I ended up asking the bird store to take her back. Thankfully, they didn't allow returns. Or maybe they just knew how much of a troublemaker she would be and wanted none of it. :lol:

I've had her for twelve years, now. It gets better.
Thank you so much for sharing your story, it helps so much knowing I am not alone in having this feeling. This forum has been a lifesaver! I'm so excited for mine and Ducky's adventures to come.