• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A new member of the family!

Elmafudd2

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Andy
Hi all!

First of all, have a very wonderful blessed Christmas and a safer New Year!

My beautiful wife works at the Animal Welfare League here in Queensland and recently one of her reception staff informed her that she had no other choice but to give up her two parrots due to landlord issues (can't stand people (landlords) who cannot understand the pleasures of having animals around the house).

So, 20211219_211604.jpg I'm not too sure if you remember me from quite a little while ago, but we got a rescue blue Indian Ring Neck who is beautiful but still very timid of us.
Now we Yoda our latest edition! My wife and I could not bare the thought of the poor lady having to give up her beautiful parrot so we offered to take him on!

Yoda is an Eclectus male parrot with beautiful colours of green, red and blue. He is very hand friendly and seemed to have taken to us very well....my wife has been regurgitated and he is obsessed with me!

Poor Sky (IRN) isn't too happy and tries to swoop him or land on his cage, we are trying to get them to know each other nice a slowly! Yoda loves human contact and over the past few days loves shoving his beak into our mouths!

He is great fun and we are so happy to help my wife's colleague as well as giving a loving home to another beautiful parrot!

Cheers!
Stefania, Andy, Sky, Yoda and Grizle (our dog!) 20211219_202128.jpg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Yoda is very handsome. Congratulations.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Congrats! And Happy Holidays!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Congratulations!!
Happy holidays to all of you! :greet4:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome & Merry Christmas! So glad you welcomed the waif & how very poignant to find room in your home & heart for someone else at this time of year.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!