• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Little Bird to Join Daisy

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Joelle Linnies are fabulous. Kobe's beak is now green from him eating so much kale. I actually took it out of the cage in fear he was eating too much. He is afraid of my hands so I am working on that with millet. He had his bathroom flying and really did not seem to like it very much. Such tiny wings but they were not clipped. He is basking in the full spec. light now making little chirps.

KBEquine

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
gosh he's so handsome! what a color!!
I'd be interested to hear how well linnies and budgies get along, please!
Actually, my first bird was going to be a budgie, but I decided to get two, so one would not be lonely when I was away from home. Then while I was waiting for the budgies to fledge so I could bring them home, I found a double-wide flight cage on craigslist & figured they'd like a big home. The catch was there were 2 Linnies already occupying the cage when I went to pick it up. [Four Linnies, actually, but the owner removed 2 & put the other 2 in a box & handed it to me].

Too late to make a long story short, but I had 2 budgies in one half of the [dividable] double flight cage & 2 linnies in the other half for 4 years.

While mine really did not get along well - The Evil Dragon Queen [who passed just this week] bedeviled the Linnies, guarded the dividing wall and tried to grab the Linnies' tails or beaks at every opportunity - I think that was possibly a matter of her personality. The sweet remaining budgie, Little Bird Blue, seems to get along with them just fine, although they really don't interact much.

It may be different with a single budgie and a single Linnie, although budgies are bigger and more assertive than linnies.

Best of luck - you have a very cute little guy. They will be company for each other, whether they become best buddies or not.

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:heart: I'm so happy for you Diane..he's precious

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I really do not expect that the Daisy will be good buddies with Kobe because they are different species. Besides Daisy was always bossy with Chipper and he just let her be. I managed to get their first meeting on video today. Decided it was time to let Kobe fly free and he did just fine after he got the lay of the land so to speak. Kitty in bedroom of course. Daisy took up the Queen of the roost perch on top of the jungle gym and Kobe crawled up to meet her. She quickly let him know who was boss and I think he got the idea

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I think that they will be good friends. Budgies have a great attitude against other birds. :)

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
Kobe, "I'll just take a gander up there and look at that lovely blue thing that isn't like me and is staring at me, climb lift gently climb show my best smile, "HELLO I'm PECK PECK, oooh never mind."

:rofl:

It went better than I expected. :heart:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Really? You think that was a gentle introduction? She is so dang bossy!

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
A female should be bossy, that's normal. :D

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Aww, they look cute together. I bet Daisy will warm up to him. :)

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
What a sweetie pie, Dianne. i hope Daisy will warm up to Kobe soon.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
It won't be long before Daisy accepts him all my budgies were a little feisty when a newbie invades their territory for the first time, Daisy will be fine with him soon and I have a feeling Kobe is excited about being in a home with another live winged fidlet to share all the love and attention Dianne is giving him. :heart:

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Did you crochet those white hoops?

I thought the intro was cute :)

wyrinth

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I've seen them on sale in IKEA, I think they were scarf hanger.

DWRVT

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Debbie
Awww - he wants to be friends :)

Wulfgeist

Strolling the yard
:welcomesign: home Kobe and congrats on your new baby, Dianne. He's very gorgeous and in the best hands now. Don't worry, Daisy will show him the ropes. It's always good to have another bird there I think to show the new ones what is what. I tried hanging wet greens in with the budgies but they always ignored them. Now that the grey is here and I started making chop and offering them some they finally have taken to it and are eating it as well.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Kobe is getting better at letting me put my hand in the cage. He does not run into the sleep hut. Actually Daisy flew to his cage and sat on top of it for a while and little Kobe did go into the hut then. Guess he remembers how mean she was to him. Maybe she was saying I'm sorry in bird language. Will He see what today brings in the way of training. I have never seen a bird that likes toys so much.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I'm impressed how brave little Kobe was to venture up to meet Daisy. He's got 'tentative spunk'! :lol: :heart: He's going to thrive with your TLC!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Kobe is a little joy. He eats his veggies so well. He not only likes broccoli he eats the stem and leaves until nothing is left. Now he is working on little red sweet peppers. I have a neighbor who is 92 years old and she has fallen in instant love with Kobe. He was on top of his cage today after flying. As usual I was having trouble getting him back into the cage. My friend and neighbor came up to him (she is short and at his eye level) and began trying to give him kisses. He came to the front of the cage and reached out to her and gave her a kiss right on her lips. She then picked up a millet spray and led him into the cage. I was amazed at how they have taken to eachother.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
What a little charmer he is :heart:

I'm glad to hear he has a good appetite with anything you offer, unlike some fussy budgies I know who are scared of every type of new food offered. Kobe sounds like an angel. :)