So we recently got our first bird a cute cockatiel named Coco from Petco. We wouldnt have bought from petco if we knew more about birds but whats done is done but I have a ton of questions and any answers would be appreciated!!
- So Coco has been pretty lonely. My boyfriend and I have been working nights and still spend time with her during the day but she's a very very affectionate bird and honestly wants to sit on our shoulders and try to give us kisses and cuddles 24/7. So we really want to get her a friend so she doesnt miss us as much! We want a cockatiel but we want to be able to get a baby this time as Coco is very young and we are having trouble finding a baby near where we live. Bigger birds have always interested us but I don't think they would get along with coco. What birds would get along with a very friendly docile cockatiel, if they weren't housed together in the same cage but were just in the same room for company. I know Parakeets could but we don't really want a parakeet so Are there any other birds that would most likely get along with her and just give good company from another cage or should we just continue looking for a cockatiel? If we got a cockatiel, we would hopefully be want to cage them together in the future but thats up to whether they become friends but I know this wouldnt be possible with another bird species so basically what birds would be good company for her from afar, if any?
- How likely is it that Petco lied when we asked about her age? When we asked for her gender, they said she is too young to know and we wont know till her adult coat comes in.. but this is the same guy who forcefully grabbed her mid panic flight to get her for us. Should we take his word for it? What are some ways to know?
- We think she is a girl because a few months after we got her she started leaning forward and making a sound like a squeaky wheel. We looked this up and they said this is female mating behavior but she still has a good bit of yellow on her head and he appearance hasn't turned more grey since we got her at all. Any thoughts on this?
- Does anyone know of a good place to get a baby cockatiel near Bowling Green, KY? Hoping to not have to drive more than an hour and a half one way.
- Same questions but for a good vet?