• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Day at Home with Music and Broccoli

Dorcas George

Rollerblading along the road
Hi everybody! I’ve tried all kinds of veggies, all kinds of ways for seven months. Packer the Pill turned his nose up at all of it. Today we MAY have broken the veggie barrier. I put broccoli bits along with millet in the beloved hanging coconut. Frost went first and Packer followed. I am not positive but it looks like a bit of the broccoli might actually have been consumed. I am home all day today, for the first time in weeks. Making pie and other stuff for Thanksgiving. CD is kind of loud and Johnny Cash is singing duets with me. And the birds are berserk with chirpy joy. Flight time in a bit. Oh they are also nuts for their new shreddy toy.

Attachments

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Hmmmm - you gave me an idea. I think I'll hang broccoli with millet and see if Sweetie will eat it!
My Budgies enjoyed that method. You can also chop the veggies very fine and sprinkle some millet on there. It's hard to pick out the goodies from the healthy stuff that way. ;)

Dorcas George

I tried that with finely chopped carrots. And other things. No go—but I never put in the coconut. I’m not sure if it was the location or the broccoli. Sweetie may love it though. I hope so! And it was only a tiny bit that seemed gone so I’ll try again and see. Silly budgies don’t always know what’s good for them.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
My Budgies enjoyed that method. You can also chop the veggies very fine and sprinkle some millet on there. It's hard to pick out the goodies from the healthy stuff that way. ;)
My budgies are very good at sorting veggies from the seeds hidden UNDER the chop... :facepalm:

@Dorcas George I know Frost is still young, but you might want to avoid that coconut in the future if you don't wish it to trigger nesting behavior..? Maybe remove it once they are both crazy for veggies... :rolleyes:

Dorcas George

And cage is open and millet is tempting but the two boys are inside the cage as usual. Sigh. Packer is not being a good example for the new kid.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Sounds like everyone is happy there! Budgies really seem to like broccoli . Could it be the fuzzy like tops? Actually the leaves have the most nutrition.

Dorcas George

@Lady Jane I had tried peppers, carrots, romaine. Seems maybe the broccoli did it. I tried hanging it but no luck. Don’t know why I dumped it in the coconut toy. I had a funny pic that I deleted by mistake of two budgie butts side by side, heads were in the coconut. I figured they were doing the usual millet dive but it does seem maybe some veggie too—at last.