• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Day at Home with Music and Broccoli

Dorcas George

Rollerblading along the road
THEY ATE CARROT BITS! Mixed in with the broccoli. And when my hand got tired I put the last bit of broccoli in the coconut and Frost got there first and was having NONE of Packer in the coconut too. I am astonished.

Dorcas George

Just a quick stop to say that Packer ad Frost ate broccoli, a little apple and a little bit of carrot a few days back. AND NOW--they go for the broccoli first and if they can't both get to it at the same time, they squabble over who gets the broccoli. WOW! I'm so surprised! Long hours at work but retirement is near. Just a few days.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
THEY ATE CARROT BITS! Mixed in with the broccoli. And when my hand got tired I put the last bit of broccoli in the coconut and Frost got there first and was having NONE of Packer in the coconut too. I am astonished.
I literally GASPED at the carrot bit eating! Whoa! I can't wait to see what veggies they will be eating after retirement - congratulations on that, by the way @Dorcas George !

Dorcas George

I literally GASPED at the carrot bit eating! Whoa! I can't wait to see what veggies they will be eating after retirement - congratulations on that, by the way @Dorcas George !
Thanks! I hope I don’t get bored. As for the birds, it took Packer seven months! And now he’s getting feisty over broccoli! And eating carrot bits. I really am astonished. And happy!:excited1:

Dorcas George

Been a while but last post was about carrots. This morning I finally tried hanging carrot greens. :omg: Packer took a tiny nibble. Frost took a tiny nibble. Both left.I swear they were pretending indifference. LOL! Frost came back and tried again and started eating, so then Packer had to come back for another taste. This turned into vigorous chomping. Chasing around the greens. Frost hiding IN the greens. More eating.I left for about an hour. Came back to two completely bare little stems hanging. Not one leaf remained! Not good pics but I tried.

Attachments

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Greens are healthier anyway :) Budgies aren't a big fruit species.

Dorcas George

Today Frost's little white face was stained green under his beak! I just couldn't get a picture but it made my husband and me both laugh out loud! He was at the front of the cage chittering to me and all I could do was giggle.