• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Your favourite fish

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
I haven't had a tank in years but my favourite fish we Kuli loaches, borneo suckers and bumblebee gobies.
I have a couple of Kuli loaches. They're funny little guys.

Stormcloud

Squawk Talk!
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gerard
Like Cheekybeaks I haven't had a tank in years and like her my favourites were loaches, but I preferred the ones from the Botia Genus. I used to have a little flotilla of 8 clown loaches. If you were able to get them established over a period of 6 months they were just about bulletproof. Cover glass is a must for these guys or you'll be guaranteed to find one on the floor in the morning. Provide a least one hiding place per fish. If you have the space for a 6' X 2' X 2' aquarium and you can get them established then they have to potential to grow to 20-30cm even in captivity over a period of 4-5 years. Soft water (low calcium carbonate) and a pH of 6.0 to 7.0 should see them do well. :)

1). botia macarantha was my favourite aquarium fish and will do well in a community tank of medium sized fish.

clown-loach-01.jpg

2). botia modesta grows to about 6 inches and is fairly territorial when other loaches are around. Their blue bodies and red fins make them stand out in a aquarium.

blue-botia-loach.jpg

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Love that shot :heart:

FancyFeathers

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Erin
I haven't had fish in a while but my faves are Blood Parrot Cichlids, German Blue Rams, Cories and Rummynose Tetras. :)

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I love a big fat round goldfish :D :heart: The black ones with the bubble eyes are cute and the ones with the long fancy tails... :xflove: Obviously I am not up to speed on them or their proper names, but they are adorable :) Oh and I love guppies too :heart:

Debbie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Debbie
Your all killing me...I gave up my 85 gallon tank about 15 years ago to get my Goffin Too...grew up with fish tanks. I do have a 20 gallon, but it just has a frog in it...Had 2 frogs...1 passed, but I do miss my fish...My fav. there are many...we mainly had fresh water tanks...loved the boy betta fish...I think Pictus Cat fish are cool. DoJo's, bigger than the Kuli loaches, loved to watch them either hanging off the plants...and when they were swimming they didn't care who got in the way. Had lots of Angel Fish, but not all of them were Angels if you know what I mean...Not sure if I will have another tank, I miss it, not the work involved. When I was in Hawaii I got to go to a place where they raise Seahorses...way cool. I love going to Zoos with large aquariums..can stand and watch the fish for hours...:)

Sofro

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Matilda
My favourites are the electric yellow lab cichlid and the flowerhorn cichlid! Electric yellow labs are beautiful fish and flowerhorns have a kinda puppy face. Adorable!