• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Your favourite fish

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Of all the wonderful cold water, freshwater and marine fish that are available for hobbyists which are your absolute favourite?

I am obsessed with Gouramis. I have a couple of Honey Gouramis at the moment but one day I'd like an enormous Gourami aquarium. Golden, Pearl and Opaline Gouramis are my absolute favourites.

Tell me about yours?

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
One phrase- anything with a wen!!

TalkinTimneh

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kathie
Koi! I have six in my water garden that I totally love and would be heartbroken if anything should happen to them.

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Depends on the tank I guess. I love certain fish in certain sized tanks but hate them in others.

One of my all time favorite fish are Bleeding heart tetras. I adore them! Then I'm also a huge fan of scissor tail tetras.

Outside that I'm always a sucker for bettas and discus although I've never owned a discus.

Saltwater my favorite fish of all time is a pink spot goby. They're just too cool :) My mom has one in her 150g thanks to me lol!

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
When I had my tank (went to a friend) I had a ghost knife. Love the ghost knife. From what I understand, they are quite hard to keep and I had about 5 before this dude, which all died within days of getting. He was about 10" long when I rehomed him. I was pedantic about my tank to the point that my aquarium guy told me I was cleaning tooooooooooo much. Over a period of 9mths, I wasn't doing the cleaning as often and this guy (Ghosty, original I know) thrived. The lack of cleaning is why I decided to rehome. May I also add, that during this lax time, I never lost a fish yet when I was over-cleaning, I lost a lot.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Gouramis are my favorites too!!

I also have a soft spot for angels and rams.

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Gouramis are my favorites too!!

I also have a soft spot for angels and rams.
Yay!
Yeah I adore Rams too. I've got my eye on a dwarf variety at the moment.

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Depends on the tank I guess. I love certain fish in certain sized tanks but hate them in others.

One of my all time favorite fish are Bleeding heart tetras. I adore them! Then I'm also a huge fan of scissor tail tetras.

Outside that I'm always a sucker for bettas and discus although I've never owned a discus.

Saltwater my favorite fish of all time is a pink spot goby. They're just too cool :) My mom has one in her 150g thanks to me lol!
I think a lot of tetra are so underrated. I think Rummy Nosed, Silver Tip and Serpae are stunning and you can't beat a classic Neon or Cardinal.

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Koi! I have six in my water garden that I totally love and would be heartbroken if anything should happen to them.
They're incredible. There are several in a pond in the town park here and I'm pleasantly surprised that they've not been stolen.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hmm tough choice, too many favorites to have a favorite..lol. :lol: I have always wanted a red sea regal angel...or two... :geek:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I also love discus. They are what I wanted to keep when I went from sw to fw in the 90. The water changes scared me away...