• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where would you hide if you were a budgie?

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sad10:

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
@Sylvester please don't beat yourself up over this. You did everything you could to find Lenny.
We are all feeling your loss and I can only imagine how upsetting this is for you. I pray you find closure.

:sadhug2:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
No it doesn't. I will be making another post to him, a tribute post. :(

I don't want to offend anybody who doesn't believe but something very strange happened to me last week. Every night before I would go to bed I would pass by Lenny's empty cage. I kept it there on purpose with the top off, in the hopes he would come back. I would feel a sensation and hear a bird fluttering around in the cage when I would pass it by. It was so apparent that I couldn't help but stop to look in, only to find nothing.

Then two nights ago I passed by and heard nothing, and I can't help but think he has finally moved on.

I got chills when I read this @Sylvester !
I just wanted to let you know I'm still thinking of Lenny and you, and sending you big hugs!

karen256

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Wow, I just noticed this now. I've had birds 'disappear' before (mostly Kiwi since linnies are masters of camouflage) but always found them within an hour or so.
I couldn't imagine your budgie not answering the other budgie, or not coming out of hiding on his own within a day, if he was safe and in the house.
But I wouldn't necessarily give up on him, there's a chance he got outside and has been found and taken in, or has figured out bird feeders. It's not that unusual for lost budgies to be spotted coming to feeders, sometimes for weeks. I think it might be worth asking around, or putting up a few fliers at pet stores that sell bird supplies.. just in case.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Wow, I just noticed this now. I've had birds 'disappear' before (mostly Kiwi since linnies are masters of camouflage) but always found them within an hour or so.
I couldn't imagine your budgie not answering the other budgie, or not coming out of hiding on his own within a day, if he was safe and in the house.
But I wouldn't necessarily give up on him, there's a chance he got outside and has been found and taken in, or has figured out bird feeders. It's not that unusual for lost budgies to be spotted coming to feeders, sometimes for weeks. I think it might be worth asking around, or putting up a few fliers at pet stores that sell bird supplies.. just in case.

Thank you, Karen, never thought about the feeders, but I will now. This whole thing has never felt right, if the cat had gotten him I would have seen feathers and then eventually his body. I will also ask around the area I live in.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen