• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where would you hide if you were a budgie?

Sylvester

Hit the Road
You've probably already done this but have you checked every single box and container you have in the house? I'm still hoping that you will find him and that he will be OK.
I am in the process of re-checking everything. I am also taking apart rooms that had closed doors that day, just in case. There is a large vent in one of the bathrooms which is right off of the room in which there is an uncovered vent, so I am taking a look in there as well.

Thank you.

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
:omg: I can’t believe this is still happening; ugh, I was REALLY hoping for good news. :sad4:

This is just getting frustrating and I’m getting more worried by the minute and he’s not even my pet, therefore I can’t even imagine how you feel. :sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Oh my gosh, come back Lenny. :sad11:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I hate to mention this but I feel I should as it is a possibility if you have plants in the house.
We once had a budgie who was missing when we got home, we decided the dog could not have got the bird as there were no feathers. We searched high and low for hours with the dog watching us like we were crazy, she got bored with watching and went to do her own thing.......she proceeded to dig my budgie out of a small plant pot. She had killed the bird and buried it, there were no feathers, blood or signs of anything having happened.
Do you have any potted plants in the house?

Sylvester

Hit the Road
:omg: I can’t believe this is still happening; ugh, I was REALLY hoping for good news. :sad4:

This is just getting frustrating and I’m getting more worried by the minute and he’s not even my pet, therefore I can’t even imagine how you feel. :sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Oh my gosh, come back Lenny. :sad11:
Defeated, that is how I feel.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I hate to mention this but I feel I should as it is a possibility if you have plants in the house.
We once had a budgie who was missing when we got home, we decided the dog could not have got the bird as there were no feathers. We searched high and low for hours with the dog watching us like we were crazy, she got bored with watching and went to do her own thing.......she proceeded to dig my budgie out of a small plant pot. She had killed the bird and buried it, there were no feathers, blood or signs of anything having happened.
Do you have any potted plants in the house?
How horrible. I am so so sorry. I know dogs will snap at them like they are flies.

I don't have any plants because of the cats. Plants have a habit of being nibbled on, batted at, and knocked over, when one has cats.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I don't have any plants because of the cats. Plants have a habit of being nibbled on, batted at, and knocked over, when one has cats.

Same here! I have one little succulent that they can't reach and that's the only survivor! My one cat will eat ANY plant she can get ahold of, and so many are bad for them.

So sorry you haven't found your little friend yet though :( I can only imagine how you are feeling.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Same here! I have one little succulent that they can't reach and that's the only survivor! My one cat will eat ANY plant she can get ahold of, and so many are bad for them.

So sorry you haven't found your little friend yet though :( I can only imagine how you are feeling.
Especially Poinsettias.

Thank you. I feel like I have failed him. The little female is going to a rescue group. I will not put her at risk.

Mali

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christina
I have been following this with Hope's that you find him. Are you positive he couldnt have gotten outside prior to noticing the cats weren't where they usually are and neither was the bird. Or even while searching if someone had opened a door and he slipped out. I do hope you find him

Sylvester

Hit the Road
It is such a shame. We were all hoping for a happy ending here and it doesn't appear to be heading in that direction.
So sorry @Sylvester :sadhug2:

No it doesn't. I will be making another post to him, a tribute post. :(

I don't want to offend anybody who doesn't believe but something very strange happened to me last week. Every night before I would go to bed I would pass by Lenny's empty cage. I kept it there on purpose with the top off, in the hopes he would come back. I would feel a sensation and hear a bird fluttering around in the cage when I would pass it by. It was so apparent that I couldn't help but stop to look in, only to find nothing.

Then two nights ago I passed by and heard nothing, and I can't help but think he has finally moved on.