• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vote for Jen's new scaley grandchild - opinions needed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer

So days before Xmas (Grinchmas), we are looking at Victoria's birthday in January. She has always wanted a true Red Tail Boas (BC), she found two that she likes and we are split in the home including my brother who is up visiting... So turning to our AA family for more votes and input!!

Phone one is a BC from Suriname - snake on moss wood
Photo two is a BC from Guyana - snake in grass

So join the debate for what will be the next grandchild for our family :)

15722878_10206209933047146_2006165668_n.jpg 15683292_10206209933087147_1236853133_n.jpg

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Both beautiful. I like the markings on number one a bit better. They are more distinctive with the thicker white portions.

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I like the first one also. I love the bolder tail as well as the spots on the banding! Either way, how exciting!

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
oh forget you people... who asked you anyway.... ;) just teasing!! I am voting for the one in the grass, the red is just so intense. Tho I do admit I love the stripe pattern with the white on the tail of the first. I know my decision making process is dizzying :)

If only we could combine the two!! The good news is that both should have gorgeous red tails when adult, its the draw of the larger BC boas.

Any other votes, and do not let my babble impact you, want honest opinions. I would be happy having either in the home, beautiful grandsnakebaby either way!!

Perriewinkle

I am bias to Guyana.. it's a beautiful country and I like the thicker bands.. both are beautiful animals..

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I am bias to Guyana.. it's a beautiful country and I like the thicker bands.. both are beautiful animals..

Victoria is doing her best to compromise... Get both and call it a night... Not sure my credit card would approve of that....

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
First one! Such a cool thing to do. My family was never fond of my snakes and lizards, lol.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
One now.. one after taxes..

nope, doesn't work... we will owe taxes this year... Can't claim Victoria anymore after she finished college and just found out recently my husband did not change deduction rate...

Tho, Victoria files her own taxes, so she may be able to buy one after, but guarantee by then she'll find another snake so we will still have 2 snakes to decide on!!

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Well between here, facebook friends and house votes the first won is winning 7 to 3....

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Make that 8 to 3
I immediately liked the first one too...Sort of a pinker hue to me...
If you wanted the snake in the grass you should not have asked...

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Make that 8 to 3
I immediately liked the first one too...Sort of a pinker hue to me...
If you wanted the snake in the grass you should not have asked...

The first one is much pinker. I would be happy with either just beautiful either way. We couldn't decide in our own, would have been a great conversation to record and post for how women can't pick out __________ (fill in the blank). I like the first one for the tail stripe, LOVE striped tails and the overall pink. But might just be a better photo, the other has such intense red and a saddle that looks like moose antlers. So I'm not really 'want' for either, just need help deciding who gets our money!!

If she didn't get a $900 iPad and not sure which other snake I paid few months ago from me and an $850 retic from her uncle we might buy both. But being reasonable, its just one.... yes that's being reasonable in our home!!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:omg::faint: One is more than reasonable!!!!

I think you may have a collection obsession.

I know I tend to collect things too.
I once had maybe close to 50 vacuum cleaners...

Now I have maybe a dozen...

:rofl:

One snake should be enough...They are living creatures & you just can't try to hide them in the closets...

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
:omg::faint: One is more than reasonable!!!!

I think you may have a collection obsession.

I know I tend to collect things too.
I once had maybe close to 50 vacuum cleaners...

Now I have maybe a dozen...

One snake should be enough...They are living creatures & you just can't try to hide them in the closets...

Snakes and vacuums... weird, just weird...

But okie dokie, have an awesome holiday!

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer

Speaking of grandkids.... here are a few hanging out with us tonight. Cleo is the gorgeous puppy dog who climbs all over you to see what you're doing, she's more puppy, does all but wag her tail!! Then she tried out the Java tree and worked her way to comfy on the blinds. :) no closet for the kids! 20161223_190627.jpg 20161223_190049.jpg 20161223_180351.jpg 20161223_180357.jpg 20161223_181730.jpg 20161223_191549.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Well Lily did wander into the closet on her own at one point in the middle of the night mother lol I don't think she would mind the closet...so give back the thousand dollar cage I got her for the closet?

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Not going to tell anyone what animals to keep or how many aslong as they can provide for them but gosh alot of people are in denial.

I had an intervention & was helped to donate a good few dozen of my vacuums. They were all over the place. Wall to wall vaccuums. Never had to go far to pick up some dust!
I liked them & I tend to collect things I like but I am trying hard not too!

I limped out to the mailbox & someone had donated a dirt devil vac with free bags.
I debated taking it but I hate Dirt Devils...they are the loudest screaming machines...

Collecting is collecting. Smaller & inadamit is better as easier to conceal & store.
My family has a sickness for it. I think its a learned behavior but who knows what turns a collector or a animal lover into a hoarder.

It was mostly things as far as I can remember. Antiques were big on my parents list. Animals were in moderation but we always had a dog, cat & rodent or something as pets.
Dad has so many cats now I'm afraid he's lost count. They just keep multiplying & he likes them so its hard to tell him anything about his inbred cats. 80 year olds can be a handful & Mom is going blind & I'm almost a million miles away.
They live on the farm, he feeds them & they do there thing.

Never had a snake...just about everything else...

Right now I'm a one bird person & no other pets except for the pantry moths & some darn cricket in my bedroom that insists on singing to me in the night when I am trying to sleep. Love to get that bugger!!!!

Last edited:

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Well Lily did wander into the closet on her own at one point in the middle of the night mother lol I don't think she would mind the closet...so give back the thousand dollar cage I got her for the closet?

Yeah Lily gets into the closet and we tear the house apart to find her.... tho it is a nice big closet but I think Lily has more floor space in her 8' enclosure. But guess if you're a bad snake home a glass tank in the closet might be their answer. Sure both those boas would love to have a custom made enclosure for them like all your scaley kids. If only all snakes we're so fortunate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.