• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Vets are stumped

czechrite

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Christian
I read this today....it was really sweet. We lost Greenie on Valentine's Day. Bird loving can be hard. Nice to see such support in this community.

Denice

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Denice Crago
I wonder if this is something he picked up while he was outside in the wild before you found him? Things can lie dormant for a long time and then under certain circumstances become active again. In any case so sorry for your loss, I am sure he had a wonderful life with your family.

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
I wonder if this is something he picked up while he was outside in the wild before you found him? Things can lie dormant for a long time and then under certain circumstances become active again. In any case so sorry for your loss, I am sure he had a wonderful life with your family.
Thank you. I've wondered the same... and it's a possibility I suppose. I'll be sure to ask Dr. Chen if this is something that could be passed between species. After many tests she was cautious but fairly certain that it was not contagious to our other birds. Anyway, I have not yet talked to her at length about the necropsy results. She was ordering some further tests last I heard but I have not be in touch with her since then. I didn't want to pester her since they did not charge us for the necropsy and tests... but plan to email her soon and see if they have any more info! I'll be sure to update you all here :)

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I hope they will be able to shed some light on things for you. He will always be looking over you and your family :hug1: