• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Vets are stumped

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I know it was a hard decision but the right one. Fly high and strong Peanut. I'll keep you and your husband in my thoughts Leslie :sorrow::hug1:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So very sorry about Peanut.

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
Thank you so much, everybody, for your thoughts. I'm back from my trip... it was shocking all over again to see P's empty cage. Andy hasn't cleaned it out yet - just hasn't been ready to. I met the most generous artist in Murano that gifted me with something amazing. He was in his shop making tiny little glass figurines, mostly animals. Of course I had to ask for a green parrot, had been looking for something to give Andy to remember Peanut by. They didn't have one but he said if I had a picture he would MAKE one for me!! Of course I did and he created this very special gift... I teared up right there in the store and gave it to Andy as soon as I got home. He loves it. We're still on edge, waiting to hear results of the necropsy. I will share everything with you all once we have them.

Bless you all and thank you, again! :grouphug2:

20170321_150630.jpg

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
That is a beautiful likeness of Peanut. He was such a fighter and one of my bird heroes.

Anxiously awaiting the results of the necropsy.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
sorry for your loss

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Such beautiful work....

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
That glass figurine is so beautiful! How wonderful that the artist was able to make it for you. That is such a nice memento for you of your little Peanut. I hope you get some answers soon!

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
So very sorry for the loss of your Beautiful Peanut, I hope they have some definitive answers for you. :sadhug:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I got two like that at a local fair a few years before Nerd passed. I told him I'd love a glass figurine of my Parrot and same thing, show me a pic and I'll make something up.
He hit Nerd perfectly in a similar style and ended up making two different ones so I bought both.
It's a beautiful way to remember him and a great happy likeness

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is a beautiful tribute.

SamandWilley

Walking the driveway
Real Name
DeAnna
Beautiful! What a great way to keep a memory. It is so hard to do that job - putting away their things. Hugs to you both.

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
We were finally able to lay Peanut to rest on Friday. Andy had a really hard time going to pick him up from the vet :( He spoke with Dr. Chen while there. They did determine that his disease did not appear to be infectious so we don't have to fear that our other birds could've caught it. However, they still don't have many answers because the disease is one that is common in REPTILES but never seen in birds!! I guess that sheds some light on why diagnosis has been so elusive. She will send me a full report when they've got it. There are pathologists, oncologists and numerous exotic vets studying the case.

It has been therapeutic to go through the years of pictures - great memories. P was a great sport. He went with me on a road trip to Oklahoma in 2008 for Christmas and was great with my nieces and nephew, was always partial to Kaylan (my step-daughter) and really only ever talked for her, completely devoted to His Andy, even went to school with me for a presentation to Biology classes about birds once - wish I had pics of that. The kids were awestruck when he flew across the room for them. P was our 1st parrot - found in a tree in a friend's yard. We didn't even know what kind he was until we looked it up online! We had no idea how life would change by bringing him home "temporarily" while we searched for his owners. LOL Nearly 10 years later, we can't imagine life without these beautiful creatures.

17546839_10154706374429753_5177005339603076457_o.jpg

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:sorrow::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Awww, Peanut was such a good bird. I'm sure he's missed. The collage of him is nice.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
He was a lucky boy to become part of your family, in return has given you so much back through the years of magical and wonderful times you both have shared.
Gone to soon :sad1: so sorry. My deepest condolences.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What a wonderful collage! I didn't know that you had found him. What a lucky bird to have landed in your home!

Wow, a disease found in reptiles. That must be so frustrating, I mean what are the odds?! So sad, I hope now you find some peace with being able to lay him to rest now.
:sadhug2:

Denice

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Denice Crago
So very sorry for your loss...