• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm so sorry about your babies dying, @finchly. I don't think a soul on this forum thinks less of little guys - we mourn them all large or small.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Sometimes the smallest souls find it easiest to wiggle into our hearts and thus their loss is felt strongly :heart:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I would if I were you. You can give them a link to this thread along with a shorter synopsis of it's contents. Perhaps some who have been effected would be willing to talk to the organizers.

They should know.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

Thank you. :sad3:

I know people tend to think the littles aren't as important but.... they're my babies you know? Especially these 2, raising them and suddenly coming in to find them dead was quite a shock. Touching their bodies brought another shock as I realized --these guys were STARVING here among all the others, with all this food availability. Or that's what I thought I was seeing. It was very puzzling. Once someone said salt, everything fell into place in my mind. I've since caught the others and a few are a bit thin but hopefully with all the healthiest foods I can offer they will be okay.

Whenever one dies I feel SO GUILTY.

Don't worry about showing your anger. We're all angry. I'm furious - I started this thread out of anger/frustration. At that point I wished her no ill will. I've gotten angrier though as we went from thinking it was due to ignorance to seeing the willful damage to our flocks.

View attachment 312976 View attachment 312977
This is so sad. I'm so sorry for the loss of two special little beings. We all believed ... until we couldn't. Please don't feel guilty, we were all led to trust in this vendor until her photos began to expose the deceit in her products. The shame and guilt is all on her for her poor judgement and lack of expertise in proper and healthy nutrition. It doesn't matter if the bird is little... the impact of the loss is heart wrenching and I hate this happened to you and your babies.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
This is so sad. I'm so sorry for the loss of two special little beings. We all believed ... until we couldn't. Please don't feel guilty, we were all led to trust in this vendor until her photos began to expose the deceit in her products. The shame and guilt is all on her for her poor judgement and lack of expertise in proper and healthy nutrition. It doesn't matter if the bird is little... the impact of the loss is heart wrenching and I hate this happened to you and your babies.
Thank you :sadhug2:

And thanks to everyone else as well.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Oh man! So sorry for the loss of your babies! Don't beat yourself up.... I was doing that when I realized poppers was getting sick, and my grey not far behind. I was Fortunate to catch it and get birds to vet. They're not out of the woods yet.
But my anger reflected in many of my posts.
( Sorry to all if I seemed harsh, it's not fun when your birds are sick)
Like you, the culprit pointed to the food. There was no other explanations. High salt/ sugar content. Their blood results proved that.
You have a shoulder here to hug if needed....I understand your pain.
Poppers and Grayson on road to recovery and back on "my chop". No added anything!!
I like feeding them at the table for two reasons..
One, it's a family ..er...flock thing to eat together.
Second, when they're done, the left over goes in trash. Not hanging out in bowl. Less fruit flys that way. In a few weeks another vet visit to see how things are progressing. But so far think they'll get the bad crap out of their system. Takes time.
IMG_20190817_202351.jpg IMG_20190817_202343.jpg IMG_20190817_202354.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I posted about this on twitter (with a link to this thread) and have already heard from one person (no clue if she's on AA) who's budgie has died, and she believes it may be connected to the food from this vendor.
Oh how terribly sad. At least the word is now being spread and the facts are out there. Hopefully the awfulness will stop very soon.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I posted about this on twitter (with a link to this thread) and have already heard from one person (no clue if she's on AA) who's budgie has died, and she believes it may be connected to the food from this vendor.
Bee, do you think you could link them to this thread and see if they'd like to join?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Poppers and Grayson on road to recovery and back on "my chop". No added anything!!
I like feeding them at the table for two reasons..
One, it's a family ..er...flock thing to eat together.
Second, when they're done, the left over goes in trash. Not hanging out in bowl. Less fruit flys that way. In a few weeks another vet visit to see how things are progressing. But so far think they'll get the bad crap out of their system. Takes time.
View attachment 313026 View attachment 313027 View attachment 313028
Poppers is looking much better than in the photo from the other day - I'm really happy for you as well as her.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Poppers is looking much better than in the photo from the other day - I'm really happy for you as well as her.
It's been about 2 two weeks now, being off the bad food. But yea more perky. Another blood test in a few weeks. Probably around october.
I'm fortunate I caught it early.

Ladyvader1313

Moving in
Hi, not a bird expert or nutritionist by any means, but, a few thoughts...
I don't think anyone should feel stupid for believing what obviously seemed like legitimate advertising. Long-term scammers keep doing it because they're good at it. They seem plausible and believable. And wanting to believe the best of people is not gullibility, it's a positive attitude. The people who should feel bad are the ones taking advantage of other's good natures and love for their feathered family members, not you guys. Just my 2 cents.

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
Hi, not a bird expert or nutritionist by any means, but, a few thoughts...
I don't think anyone should feel stupid for believing what obviously seemed like legitimate advertising. Long-term scammers keep doing it because they're good at it. They seem plausible and believable. And wanting to believe the best of people is not gullibility, it's a positive attitude. The people who should feel bad are the ones taking advantage of other's good natures and love for their feathered family members, not you guys. Just my 2 cents.
Thank you for this! It means a lot to myself as well as quite a few others here! I think it’s just the protective instinct we have for our birds making us feel as “we” let them down.

I am now viewing this situation for what it is- we are just as much victims of this scam as our birds, and I appreciate you taking the time to say so :heart:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Ok just put this information on another message board I belong too. I can't add links but made the message as clear as possible that this person and her company are not to be trusted period.

Status
Not open for further replies.