• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Shot you a pm name doesn't appear sorry

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Hi, not a bird expert or nutritionist by any means, but, a few thoughts...
I don't think anyone should feel stupid for believing what obviously seemed like legitimate advertising. Long-term scammers keep doing it because they're good at it. They seem plausible and believable. And wanting to believe the best of people is not gullibility, it's a positive attitude. The people who should feel bad are the ones taking advantage of other's good natures and love for their feathered family members, not you guys. Just my 2 cents.

Beautiful words of wisdom my friend.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I posted about this on twitter (with a link to this thread) and have already heard from one person (no clue if she's on AA) who's budgie has died, and she believes it may be connected to the food from this vendor.
How terribly sad! I ranted a lot through out this thread, expressed anger, and not nice posts, all because my birds were getting sick. I recognized it right away. Vet confirmed it with blood tests.... food related. My birds were sluggish, sleeping far more than usual, and drinking a lot more water. Always thirsty. That was the red flag for me. Salt!!! Salt additives. Ingredients that fall under sodium. That creates thirst!!! Along with added sugar in products.
But they were about 95 % on that vendors diet of food. They were getting dry skin, irritating sores...
Last few days after they have spent last 15 days being back on my diet, they began looking like their old self again.
It literally scared the crap out of me seeing them hurting from what was thought by us all as good food from that vendor. How stupid stuipid stupid I was.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
This is what I wrote:
WD This online food company, I'm asking that if anyone here has bought this food for your cockatiel, PLEASE STOP!!!!! This food has been found to contain larvae from moths, possible mold, webbing from either spiders or moths, foreign objects, such plastic string bits of ground plastic. She is not refunding purchases either previously ordered or outstanding orders. She is NOT what she says she is. She is scam artist with long history of ripping people OFF.
If you fed this to your birds, please take them to a avian veterinarian asap. I'm trying to warn a bird owners. Thank you
Part 2 : I need to add one more thing: there has been possible reported deaths from this food. She sells online and at bird shows in and near Michigan plus online. She is NOT avian nutritionist as claimed. She is adding great amounts of salt and sugar to her foods. She claimed to be 100% certified organic but has NO licence filed with the USDA. She is using wally world products that are NOT organic and the cheapest at that. She is fraud, a scammer, and most all a piece of work. If you have bought anything from her STOP USING IT, get your bird to avian veterinarian asap. Do complete blood work including blood sugar, liver and kidney values. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR READING THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

Last edited:

Gazimon

Sprinting down the street

Sirius

Moving in
Real Name
Barbara
Hi All! I have been watching this thread for over a week now and I too have been having issues with this vendor. I would love to be able to like some of your posts but my "like" button is missing. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi All! I have been watching this thread for over a week now and I too have been having issues with this vendor. I would love to be able to like some of your posts but my "like" button is missing. Any ideas on how to fix this?
We’ll just assume you like everything until your button is found! :p

I’m sorry to read you’re having issues too. I hope all your birds are alright.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
In IL is anybody google guide????

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
YAY @Mockinbirdiva took her long enough ,jeeeeeezz .
Considering I paid for my first order June 30 and the second order July 7.... waited all that time. I wrote her and asked for my refund August 10th and opened a dispute with the credit card company the same day. I expected a longer wait for my refund since I didn't hear back after the second note so I'm very happy I got my refund in ten days since the CC company told me it could take up to 90 days. So glad to be done with that!

Beasley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maggie Beasley
@finchly thank you for starting this, it takes grit to be the one to say something. I am so proud of you and of AA for everyone’s amazing response and community call to action! I love this community and am so blessed with this presence in my life. Thank you all!

I am so sorry to all who have lost loved ones, who are watching their health suffer, and to those who have lost resources and sleep over this nightmare. I am shocked, heartbroken, furious, and disappointed by this situation. I was not personally involved, but as an AA member, I am by association and by winged heart. This is unacceptable and I would like to help.

If you are anticipating arrival of a package you do not want, you can leave a message for your postal officer that any/all packages from WD are refused. Alternatively, you may return refused packages to the post office to be returned to sender.

If you want to return an order but have not done so due to the vendor’s exhibited behavior of purchasing a shipping label upon receipt of a return request:
-Take screenshots of your order status page clearly showing date and time of pre-return request unfulfilled order status.
-Submit return request, do not ask questions, make statements e.g. I am requesting cancellation of my July 1 order no. X, unfulfilled as of August 19. For your records I have submitted screenshots of unfulfilled order status as of August 19 11:49 am. (See attached screenshots) Do not purchase shipping labels upon receipt of this correspondence, the purchase agreement has been canceled and a full refund is promptly expected.
-Save all correspondence. Take additional date and time stamped screenshots to monitor the order status page in the event the vendor resorts to fraudulent activity.
These records will assist you in the return claims process should you be forced down that road.

BBB is not an insurance agency, they are a sales company. They are not affiliated with, nor are they, a governmental agency.

The only thing everyone will require is proof. Keep everything; all correspondence, screenshots of things that are subject to change or alterations. I personally keep all correspondence to mediums that provide written, time and date stamped transcripts.

The follow up email is your friend. e.g. attn WD, this is a confirmation email to verify cancellation of my unfulfilled July 1 order no. X. Cancellation request CC’d below for your review. Again, do not purchase shipping labels or attempt to ship unfulfilled order no. X, the purchase agreement is void and a full refund is promptly expected.

For those who must make phone calls, download a call recording app, record and save all telephone conversations. this is your opening:
You: who am I speaking to?
Person: states name
You: thank you name. I’d like to let you know this call is being recorded for security purposes.
-The laws require only that all parties be notified of recorded calls. If the person you are speaking to transfers the call or another person gets on the line, you must repeat: I’d like to let you know the call is being recorded for security purposes.
-Take notes during your phone calls, where possible send a follow up email detailing what was just said in your phone call. e.g. attn vendor, I spoke with name today August 18 and verified my cancellation regarding order no. X. I look forward to receipt of the full refund amount of $xxx.xx

I spoke with a criminal defense attorney regarding this issue, their advice was for all affected parties to band together as a single party (Victims) and send notifications to the attorneys general of WI and IL detailing the fraud allegations. Though there are other applicable charges, per attorney, fraud will get their attention. When you contact the attorneys general, make sure you cc both on all correspondence so that from day one they are brought together and know to work with each other in the pursuit of criminal charges.

With attorneys, credit card claims, vendor, etc. record everything, take notes, send follow ups, save everything.

I believe in you, I believe in us, we can do this!

Again, I am so sorry to all who have been affected by this situation. Your loss is our loss, your pain is our pain. AA Strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.