• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
It sounds like you have enough unopened product for testing. Count me in to help out with that.

I like Laurie’s idea; video clips from members that have birds that were affected by this as well as those that canceled and got jerked around waiting for refunds.
I certainly do! All being stored in a cool, dark, dry shelf in my kitchen still.;) I hate seeing all the wasted money everyday but I figured it would come to this!
I like the video idea too- I was fortunate that my birds didn’t have issues. I’m very thankful she delayed my July orders so long or I would’ve given them the medley and $60 worth of other crap!

We have to find lab at reasonable prices to test this god awful food first. That way we have proof on our side to what we say and do.
We really really do, as said otherwise it’s speculation. Hopefully we have a member who can point us in the right direction?!

If anyone is interested, my White Elephant contribution can be an unopened and still sealed bag of 100% Organic, Non-GMO carrot pasta wheels and treats :) Comes with receipt regarding date of purchase.

View attachment 316603

I forgot about it in my cool, dark cupboard.
:omg: That’s awesome! We need that one for sure!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Wow a year! Damn. I got jipped with the one that molded in 3 weeks :lol:
Was this the herb medley that molded? I dry enough herbs to put her to shame big time. If not properly dried herbs will mold in months.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
No, I havent but Christmas is coming soon and if youve been a good girl, Claire, you may get a special present in the mail soon... :elfgifts:

... or is it :cauldron:?

EDIT: Actually, I want to take this joke back because Im really really peeved at this former vendor who took advantage of people and unnecessarily risked the health of our feathered companions. I threw out the stuff I bought and fed to mine, because I didnt trust her representations about what was what. Im so glad that it didnt seem to have any long term adverse effects on them. But I dont want to make light of this former vendor and what she did either, when theres good reason to believe that she wasnt being honest and animals suffered.
If I had spare funds to get that junk tested I would. Anyone can toss a bunch of stuff into a bag and give it a name.

She has really taken many, not just you guys. Think of the ones who aren't here. There are many who may not be on FB. As we know, she deletes posts.

It is truly unbelievable. Is her message board still up?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Was this the herb medley that molded? I dry enough herbs to put her to shame big time. If not properly dried herbs will mold in months.

It was the VeggieMinis

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
If I had spare funds to get that junk tested I would. Anyone can toss a bunch of stuff into a bag and give it a name.

She has really taken many, not just you guys. Think of the ones who aren't here. There are many who may not be on FB. As we know, she deletes posts.

It is truly unbelievable. Is her message board still up?
This has been worrying me lately. We need to get the word out to all parronts!!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Oh-ho! I just looked at the FB page. Did you know they were rolling better bites by hand previously? Now they've changed their system. (Doesn't say to what)

All who believe they were rolling dough by hand, you owe me your favorite bird. PM for the address; you can HAND deliver.

Otherwise, take a look at those better bite log things and tell me what food they are? Rabbit pellets? Dry dog food?

View attachment 316570

Let me grab a rabbit and we'll test it...if it eats it then we have a winner!
You don't have to worry about dog, darn thing likes those coco puffs, ( bunny poo).

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a specially packaged ADR which also has the wheels in it.
-------
Andrea, :rofl::rofl::rofl:your killing me!

It's not funny what you're going through with every pain stakingly detail! What is funny are your invisible #'s. :sadhug2:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
-------

It's not funny what you're going through with every pain stakingly detail! What is funny are your invisible #'s. :sadhug2:

Lol....she's like me, says it like it is, takes no prisoners...I like that. Stand up and stand proud,
We won't be walked on nor taken advantage of.
If people don't like our attitude or cursing well ...Duck em..!!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I am willing to collect the food and send for testing (donations accepted privately and off page)

OR
I can collect and edit videos clips into a video and upload to YT.

I can’t do both.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
-------

WHACHUTALKINABOUTWILLIS?

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
I am willing to collect the food and send for testing (donations accepted privately and off page)

OR
I can collect and edit videos clips into a video and upload to YT.

I can’t do both.
I can do the first, since I already have a lot of food of my own anyway. I won’t be able to pay for all the testing obviously, so your off page donations idea sounds great!

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Does anyone live near Rockford? I think this has been brought up before, but we may want to keep tabs on whether or not her store remains open. It would be a shame to start doing all this only to have her go on the run so to speak!
It seems she’s responding to less and less emails, phone calls etc

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
OK.
If you have a bird that has been made ill or died through the use of these products, please make a video. Include your bird! (If possible) and yourself. If you don't want to be on-camera we can blur out your face. If you have the product packaging please show it, otherwise name it.
If your vet is involved, share that information. If you just had spoiled food, at least share the name of it and a photo. And the date if you know, or at least "July 2019".
Don't worry about bloopers in videos, just start over; I can even cut those out (sometimes I start over with the camera still rolling). Be as specific as you can.

@taxidermynerd
@Mockinbirdiva
@Hawk12237
@Mizzely
@Karen
@EkkieLu

Who have I missed?

I'm not sure, but could she sue Avian Avenue for anything the members do?
I'm all for educating folk, but with no proof yet, I fear she might just win a battle that we've affected her business with unfounded accusations.
Can she hold AA accountable in any way?
Is there undisputed proof yet?
I'd very much hate it if the forum found itself in any legal trouble.
It might be wise to get proof before publishing videos, and telling folk her food is bad.
Our suspicions, if not proven, are just that.

Yes. "If you meet the requirements for a civil action, you can sue someone for defamation, whether libel or slander, if they have written or said something bad about you. However, you must be able to prove the necessary elements of a defamation suit if you wish to collect damages."

In other words -- SHE has to prove we were slandering or whatever. That we were making false accusations. That's why we need the testing and the vet's reports.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
For companies there are slightly different rules. As long as she can prove that statements were false, she doesn't need to prove damages as that is considered inherent to the defamation suit.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
For companies there are slightly different rules. As long as she can prove that statements were false, she doesn't need to prove damages as that is considered inherent to the defamation suit.
You know Shauna, I thought that's what I said:

In other words -- SHE has to prove we were slandering or whatever. That we were making false accusations.
Sometimes I think typing online is a big waste of time.

@macawpower58 I am a little confused now. I thought we did have proof? A couple of veterinarian's statements, and some testing?
We can't make the video without some evidence. I mean, we can start making it but we can't post it. Without something.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My apologies, was just clarifying that for an individual case, both slander/libel have to be proven as well as damages, whereas with a company, only slander/libel must be proven.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If all I have is photos and screenshots, how would you like those submitted? I don't have any video editing software

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I don't think I would be comfortable with doing this kind of thing- I don't have any solid proof, at least nothing that would hold up in court. It's all anecdotal for me. Even my vet, we share the same opinion (that it was WD that started all this with Chirp) but we aren't able to prove it for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.