• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Unexpectedly completed my flock. In love all over again.

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
Never thought I’d be posting in the Poicephalus forum! I opened my home and heart to one last cutie and oh my, she is a doll! This is Mali (formally Mary and formally Xayah). 6 month old Meyers who I just stumbled across and fell head over heels for. I’ve never interacted with a poi and this little girl immediately had me smitten. Incredibly trusting and sweet. Adores cuddles and skritches and playing with her toys in her cage. She’s completed my flock and I couldn’t ask for a more enjoyable and social little bird to do so. :). I’ve quickly realized that everyone needs a Poi in their flock. Lol. What a treat! F05213FD-22F2-4AD9-95B3-2A26CE439C86.jpeg BEC6ECEE-834B-4EC7-A88E-7D4D258F57AE.jpeg 07B6D713-3785-465A-8E98-0DE301097C65.jpeg

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Congrats! She doesn't look like a Meyer's to me. Maybe a cross? Meyer's have grey wings. The green & black scalloped feathers on the backs of her wings remind me of a Jardine's.

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
Vet said Meyers for sure and the wings will gray as she matures but maybe she is a hybrid?? She was originally sold from a breeder as a Meyers but who knows. She’s cute regardless lol. I don’t think Jardines because of the black beak. She seems small for a Jardines but I’ve only seen two Jardines before. She weighs 108g

As for stumbling....dang craigslist...she drew me right in;) 57FEBE8B-BEB1-4BFB-B1D1-D01D3FA22C08.jpeg

Congrats! She doesn't look like a Meyer's to me. Maybe a cross? Meyer's have grey wings. The green & black scalloped feathers on the backs of her wings remind me of a Jardine's.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Vet said Meyers for sure and the wings will gray as she matures but maybe she is a hybrid?? She was originally sold from a breeder as a Meyers but who knows. She’s cute regardless lol. I don’t think Jardines because of the black beak. She seems small for a Jardines but I’ve only seen two Jardines before. She weighs 108g

As for stumbling....dang craigslist...she drew me right in;) View attachment 260754

No I don't think she's a Jardines. I think she is a Meyer's/Jardines cross. I've never seen that much green on a Meyer's wings. It's usually just a hint of it along the edges. And never black/green scalloping like that. If you Google "baby Meyer's parrot" you'll see they are mostly dark grey. And yes, she is a cutie, regardless! And very unique! :)

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
I think you hit the nail on the head! Just looked at Jardine/Meyers hybrids and she looks just like that! How interesting. I’m good with unique! And I loved loved loved the Jardine I played with at the parrot store a few months ago. :)

No I don't think she's a Jardines. I think she is a Meyer's/Jardines cross. I've never seen that much green on a Meyer's wings. It's usually just a hint of it along the edges. And never black/green scalloping like that. If you Google "baby Meyer's parrot" you'll see they are mostly dark grey. And yes, she is a cutie, regardless! And very unique! :)

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Congrats! I have a Meyer's parrot, and she's the most cuddly, affectionate bird that I have.
I, too, think that yours could be a cross. Here's a pic of mine as a baby. IMG_20170426_163548_442.jpg

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
She's beautiful :xflove: Congratulations:)

*Runs off to craigslist* :fairy2:
:lol:Whenever I see a post about a sweet little new flock member I'm always a little bit jealous and want to run out and get my own. I so miss having a little bird :joyful:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Congrats! She's adorable!

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats! She's precious!

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
As soon as I saw the pictures my mind thought Meyers-Senegal or some other cross!

Either way she is gorgeous and that just makes her all the more unique and special. Congrats on your new addition. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of the darling.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Congratulations on your new addition! :) She is adorable! :heart: