• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Scenes from the bird room construction

Phoenix

Walking the driveway
Very interesting!! I love having the sinks in there! Where's the entrance to the rest of the house? Will the bird room become the "family" room?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Moved in!

East wall

eastwall1.jpg

West wall

westwall1.jpg

North wall

northwall1.jpg

South wall

southwall1.jpg

These are room view pics from the spring.

few more pics coming....:D

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Room all done....

birdroomview.jpg

but what to do with the flat trusses that I changed my mind about and got a cathedral ceiling instead? They are still lying in the yard...

I know, I know, we will..........

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
:dance4: Love the finished room pics! Now I know the layout of your bird room so I know where things are (such as Rudy's couch) when I see them in pics!

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
A few question??

Are there some type of panels on the roof of the flying area that control the amount of light that comes in? Seems like there is, but hard to tell in the pictures.

I notice that you put wire over the windows in the flying area .. for safety I presume <so no birdies can crash into the glass>? Can those windows be opened if you choose too?

Great job .. looks like you thought of everything!! In hindsight .. is there anything you would have changed, added, done differently?

Thanks for sharing the great pictures!!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Thank you Merlie,
The flying room roof is just some lightweight opaque white plastic. The room is screened and wired in....no glass.

I feel the overhead sprinkler system I had installed is not well designed. I need to replace the shower heads with something different. Other than than I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. :D

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Ah .. it looked like glass as first glance, now that I look closer, I can see the screening. Is the roof solid or screen as well?

That must have been a lot of work, covering all the screens with wire .. you really did think of everything!!
Thank you Merlie,
The flying room roof is just some lightweight opaque white plastic. The room is screened and wired in....no glass.

I feel the overhead sprinkler system I had installed is not well designed. I need to replace the shower heads with something different. Other than than I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. :D

janejacinto

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jane Jacinto
What is the size of the room's, they look huge? The only thing I could think of that you don't have in the room is frig and freezer, which I would like just for the birds but you thought of everything else.
Jane

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Wow, Saroj! i am SUPER jealous! Super super super super jealous! You're birdies are soo spoiled!

I just have one question..

We are now into december....the carpenter takes days off when it's too cold to work!:eek:
How cold can it get in FLORIDA!?!?! certainly not cold enough to stop working! lol! i VISIT Florida in December - and its almost as good as our summer! my dads a carpender/construction worker whateveryacallit, and he's outside doing stuff like that in the middle of our winter, if the snows not too deep! LOL!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
What is the size of the room's, they look huge? The only thing I could think of that you don't have in the room is frig and freezer, which I would like just for the birds but you thought of everything else.
Thanks Jane :)
It's not really all that big...indoors is 400 sq feet (20x20) and outdoors is 384 sq feet(12x32).
:hehe: I had to get my own bird fridge, freezer and microwave for 'stinky' beak appetit type stuff. I took over a part of the dining room. Here is an old 'before' picture. We had an organizing challenge and it looked nice.....for a few weeks hahaha. Now it is like 'before' again....big mess :lol:

Attachments

Last edited:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
First off, it's amazing to be able to see your bird rooms being built. Thanks for sharing!

It's not really all that big...indoors is 400 sq feet (20x20) and outdoors is 384 sq feet(12x32).
So those two rooms combined are bigger than my appartment...can I move in? :hehe:

janejacinto

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jane Jacinto
Okay, you do have frig and freezer for them, just not in the same room as them. The birds really do take a lot of my freezer space, only have one frig and freezer here, we all have to share. Only have 4 birds here also, so if I had as many as you would have to have extra.

That is huge, 20 by 20, knew it had to be big. Love the floor, would be so nice to have something like that, easier to clean. Maybe someday, I can dream.
Jane

TITANIS

I just have one question..

How cold can it get in FLORIDA!?!?! certainly not cold enough to stop working! lol! i VISIT Florida in December - and its almost as good as our summer!
Without getting too specific, it's in northern Florida. You're probably familiar with the Ft. L./Miami areas or around there. North Florida and South Florida have different climates. They can get freezes in the north on the coldest days. The winter temperatures can be up to a dozen degrees different between north and south. :)

senorabarb

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Saroj, wow! i love yu room and flying area! i may be down to FL and stop in for a cup of coffee some morning! i'll leasve my birdie firends at home. they don't always "play well with others!"

pardon my typing-- broken thu,mb -- when my cosin has her hme remodeled in northern indiana the workers gave up waiting for warmer/less cold weather in Feb and framed out the second floorm when it was zero to 10 during the day.