• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Sad Update #165 - I think Bokka is going through Kidney failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Oh no I am so sorry. I will pray for you two.:(

carkam

Avenue Veteran
I am so sorry Mercedes to see this! I pray all goes well at the vet. Many prayers and good thoughts for your and Bokka!!:hug8::hug8:

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I've been calling people all morning. Finally reached my mom who reached my brother. He's on his way. Bokka is not good. Is not good. He's totally paralyzed, biting himself and delirious. Please pray for him.
I am praying so hard for Bokka and for you... I am so glad you have help coming... sending you all love and hugs......

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Were at Dr Unapproved vendor. He is being hooked up to IV fluids. Unapproved vendor says Bokka is extremely dehydrated. And he is on anti seizure meds. He may have to stay in the O2 tank for 2-4 days. They're running the full works. He says its all classical kidney failure symptoms but he wants to run all sorts of tests to make sure. He is here and he is alive!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug8::hug8: Hang in there Bokka. :heart:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
thank god you got him to the vets..do not give up hope dear heart......my heartfelt prayers to you both.

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
So glad to hear that you got Bokka to the vet. Keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers :hug8:

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Were at Dr Unapproved vendor. He is being hooked up to IV fluids. Unapproved vendor says Bokka is extremely dehydrated. And he is on anti seizure meds. He may have to stay in the O2 tank for 2-4 days. They're running the full works. He says its all classical kidney failure symptoms but he wants to run all sorts of tests to make sure. He is here and he is alive!
Great to hear! Prayers for your guy!

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Many prayers Mercedez that Bokka will stabilize. :hug8:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Mercedez, so glad you made it to the vet....I remember driving to the emergency vet with Dozer...one hand on the wheel and one hand on him comforting him....not ideal but we made it there. I pray that Bokka will be ok.....:hug8:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
glad to hear you made it there safely and he is being treated :hug2:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
He is staying there for 2 days. They will update me throughout his stay and as tests come back.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Two days and full of tests, O2 tank, meds, cost $851. Anyone reading this, be prepared for it. So glad I had money on me and I didn't buy the java stand yet. Just had that gut feeling. Taking in a rehome/rescue can be so pricey vet wise, but the love you develope is so beautiful. I love you Bokka. I just hope they can pull him out of it. He's in bad shape.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Praying for the both of you as hard as I know how. Hug your brother for me.

Ginger

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
OMG look at his sweet face.. :heart: Sending over many prayers for Bokka and many hugs for you.. :hug8: :hug8:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Aaw look at that baby. Well he's getting the care that he needs and I hope they can kick his kidneys back into working as they should.

Mercedez, you can never plan for a big Vet bill but you can be prepared. Kudos to you for holding back on that purchase that to me says you are more responsible as a pet Owner if ever. :hug8:You just never know and I for one am an avid saver even though I'd love to blow tons of cash on the fids, it's better off in the bank!!

luvsgreys

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
Oh Mercedez! I just want to send you so many hugs and also many prayers for sweet Bokka! :hug8: :hug8: We are praying hard that he gets better soon!

penguin

Avenue Veteran
Poor lil' Bokka, I just read this whole thread- I'm glad you made it to the vet and he's being taken care of. Emergency situations can be so scary. Praying and hoping for healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.