• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Questions about rehoming a bird from craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well I just talked to my dad about the whole situation. He wasn't as supportive of the rehome idea as I thought and wants to get a young one from this breeder. I'm a little disappointed because I was looking forward to giving an older bird a new start to life, but all birds need homes. But I pretty much know nothing about this breeder, so it should be interesting. She's bringing several babies up ranging from June hatches to 1.5 year olds for me to meet on Sunday. She's sending me pics later today and I'll make sure to post pics on Sunday in a new thread.
There are a lot of younger rehomes out there if your Dad is uncomfortable with an older bird (although there are good reasons why that can work just fine. I love my Elvis :heart:). But, mine is the second home for both Zoe and Sonny and neither of them is an adult yet (I got Zoe at a year and a half and Sonny at nine months). Sometimes even the first steps a bird takes away from that cute baby stage can lose them their first home :(

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Good luck Jeanna on whatever you decide! :) Just make sure if you do get a baby from the breeder that the breeder is a GOOD breeder to both the baby birds and to the parental birds who supply the breeder her profit.

And if you ever want to get together and go visit about 50-80 macaws in a large 60+ft long aviary just let me know, I'll cram your head full of macaw knowledge in no time at all :):hehe:;)

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Good luck Jeanna on whatever you decide! :) Just make sure if you do get a baby from the breeder that the breeder is a GOOD breeder to both the baby birds and to the parental birds who supply the breeder her profit.

And if you ever want to get together and go visit about 50-80 macaws in a large 60+ft long aviary just let me know, I'll cram your head full of macaw knowledge in no time at all :):hehe:;)
Hey, I'm gonna be on the west side after the start of the new year- think I might be able to nose in on that offer? Sounds like a great opportunity!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Did you go and see any babies today?

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Hey, I'm gonna be on the west side after the start of the new year- think I might be able to nose in on that offer? Sounds like a great opportunity!
Yeah anyone who lives close by. I have some friends with aviaries and rescues birds, we always need help out there. Please feel free to PM me :)

But due note that the macaws in the aviaries are typically bonded pairs and ex breeding birds, you dont get too many in there that stay single and look for human affection, so you have a possibility of getting bit. Same with the zons. Those birds are just plain scary. The greys and 'toos and conures seem to stay human friendly.:) You'll also get to see some pretty rare birds like a small mini flock of canindes (blue throated) macaws and RFM and some rare species of amazons at the rescue :D

Anneka

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
It's not stalking............ it's investigating! :muahaha:
:hehe:

Off topic: I am deleting my FB account then, so no one is going to INVESTIGATE :lol:

jeanna

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Did you go and see any babies today?
I saw them yesterday! There's something very blue and very gold in my house right now. :D I shall make a post about it later today or tomorrow after I take an excessive amount of pictures.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I just wanted to say that Im VERY Happy for you and oh so excited for you!!!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yay! How exciting I cant wait to see pics and hear about your little guy/girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.